“mix comments”

GreenLeadersGold level
Houston, Texas
“mix comments”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is truly a lovely resort with a "cowboy theme". It is out in the hill of Texas and everything you do is there are the resort - eating, recreation, ... everything.
You just need to know this, and maybe this is what you are wanting. But if you want diversity and choices, then this may not be the resort for you.
The staff is excellent and has a great desire to make you feel special.
Lost Pines has excellent facilites for conferences and meetings. I would guess 1/3 of their buildings are related to conference and large banquet rooms
Price - this is a very expensive resort. You need to know that you will spend a lot of money here, especially if you do not drive into the neighboring towns/cities.
Lost Pines has a lot of lovely and what appears to be wealthy young familes. And this is a great place for children. Not so much a place for couples ... there are even signs in halls that ask you to be quiet after 9:00 p.m.
Everything cost ... star gazing tour is $5.00. Please be aware - this is not a cheap resort.
Which brings me to my other thought ... it a place for wealthy, rich, families. I would even say "white families". The only ethnic diversity I saw was in the wait staff and cleaning staff. I saw one Black guest who was there to make a presentation to a business conference.
I even do not recall seeing a Black or Brown or Asian persons in some level of management. Perhaps I just missed seeing these persons.
For some folks, this might be an issue ... for others, this may be a sensitivity that concerns you.
In today's America, I have come to value the diversity of all America ...
So my review is mixed - a lovely resort, but it feels very exclusive ... and I suspect this is the way the Hyatt designed it.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a balcony - ask for it ...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank yesyes111
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Hyatt Lost Pines. We are delighted to have welcomed you to our luxurious Texas wilderness escape. It is wonderful to know that our staff made you feel welcome and special and that you found our scenic setting to be lovely. Hyatt Lost Pines and its activities are designed for people who love upscale cowboy themes as well as nature regardless of ethnicity. We are delighted to welcome visitors from around the world, and also to work alongside associates from around the world who hold a variety of positions at our resort. As many hotels tend to have a theme – conference/business, couples retreats, family getaways – Hyatt Lost Pines tends to welcome a lot of business and family travelers, with families often choosing us as their preferred holiday and/or summertime destination. That said, during the week and throughout the rest of the year, we do welcome couples who are looking for a serene setting in which to kick back, relax, golf, spa, hike or just be. For example, our resort does really well with traveling twosomes during the week and during the months of December, January and February. (September after the kids go back to school is also winsome on this front.) We sincerely appreciate knowing your feedback and are hopeful that you will return for another stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Usually don't write reviews...but the staff at Lost Pines went over the top. At every turn I found friendly, helpful people...we had medical emergency and had to stay an extra day and they made it work...even sent up two movie coupons. I will go back...golf course is great. Yes, food is pricey, but the service and attitude was worth it...give the manager a raise!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sooie70
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Greetings and many thanks for reviewing your recent stay. It means so much to us that you felt compelled to share your feedback. We are over-the-moon delighted that the team exceeded your expectations and will be certain to share that with all. We are so sorry to know that you experienced an emergency while with us, and wish you well. It is great to know that our staff made you feel comfortable and accommodated your needs. We hope you'll make plans to return for another stay soon!
Netherlands
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for business in November 2013. The hotel was lovely - we mostly saw the conference room though. Lots of space and outdoor activities for families. I am disappointed that I didn't have time to enjoy making smores in the evening. Being a conference, we had lots of buffet meals and I was very happy with the quality of the food. There wasn't anything that I was missing - except more time to enjoy the hotel amenities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are delighted that your conference brought you to our resort and are also thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay. We hope you'll make plans to return and enjoy all the activities, amenities that we offer and eat as many s'mores as your heart desires!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

My daughter was married here and my family stayed here for the better part of a week. First and foremost, the staff was outstanding. They have been well trained to meet the needs of the guests, starting with the valet, bellmen, housekeeping and front desk attendants. I was greated my name on multiple occasions. We also had numerous servers in the Firewheel restaurant who went above and beyond. One of the less favorable reviewers complained that she wanted a ladies weekend and didn't like all the children at the resort. We had 3 little ones with us, and loved the attention they received. If you want an adult only environment, perhaps this isn't the place.
We had numerous rooms during our stay, and all were very clean and well kept. The toiletries are good quality and ample quantities.
We had several private events and the food was excellent. Not wanting to leave the resort, we ended up eating many times at Firewheel. This gets pricey after several days, but resorts are not known for budget trips. Anther thing worth mentioning is that I got a little bored with the menu items, but this was after a almost a week. We had a pretty good wedding rate for the rooms, left and stayed in Austin for a couple of days, and on our return visit, got an exceptional rate for 2 rooms.
I tried on several occasions to get a booking at the spa, but it never worked out. I wasn't impressed with the spa's lobby area; it felt very clinical, rather than inviting. Perhaps the treatment areas have a warmer feel.
Be aware, besides the room rate there is an added resort fee and (if you choose) valet is $18 per day. The Firewheel rates changed on our last day, making the breakfast buffet $30+. This was out of line for the offerings for a breakfast in my opinion. The rate was raised due to the Formula I race being held and many race related guests staying there.
I'm looking forward to our next visit, but it will be a little shorter.

Room Tip: I preferred the rooms which were a shorter distance to the lobby. I believe the rooms in the 2400...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Greetings and thank you for sharing your thoughts. We are honored that you chose to stay here for the joyous occasion of your daughter's wedding and that she chose to celebrate such a wonderful milestone at our resort. We are delighted that you were delighted with your stay. Thank you for your kind words about the service from the staff. We are so happy to know that you felt at home here, and that our servers in Firewheel exceeded your expectations. We sincerely hope that you will make plans to return for another stay, and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you soon!
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Maybe opulent is a bit overstated, but this was a fantastic location and facility for our small sized (30-50) conference and meeting. The wait staff was outstanding.

I didn't really get to enjoy the grounds due to meeting schedules but it looks great. Well kept and the golf course looked inviting. Not my idea of a personal vacation, but I can see how it could be a blast for kids/family.

Rooms were comfortable and clean. Downside it the layout. LONG walk to room if you are in a far wing. Not that strategic to pop into your room to refresh your self. One picky issue does not negatively your stay...(their tile contractor was horrible. Used wrong material to caulk. Beautiful materials used, but lowest paid worker made it look cheap). I digress. Sorry.

I'd love to go there again for business...but not for my vacation.

Room Tip: It is spread out...so ask about this if you don't like to walk. Other than that, choosing room...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for sharing your feedback on your recent stay. We are absolutely delighted that your conference brought you to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines. It is wonderful to know that you were pleased with the resort grounds and that you found Wolfdancer Golf Club inviting. Thank you for your candid comments regarding the distance along the corridors and the tile work in the bathrooms. We will share that with our leadership team for their review and consideration. We invite you to return for another stay soon and enjoy all the amenity and activities the resort has to offer. Our very best to you.
Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I spent 4 nights during a conference being held there. Great service, several meals were provided for 300+ people. The food was very good considering. The staff were friendly and accomendating. The room was clean and very comfortable. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Greetings and many thanks for your thoughtful review. We are delighted that your recent conference led you to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa. It is wonderful to know that you were pleased with your stay, that you enjoyed your meals and found the staff to be friendly and eager to help. We hope you'll make plans to return for another stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you soon!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Lost Pines resort this weekend. Unfortunately there were a couple of disappointments:

1. The quality of the food. We tried both the breakfast and the bar. Both were OK, but the breakfast appeared to be made from powdered egg and the burger and fries from freeze dried and reheated ingredients. OK at a lower chain of hotel, but absolutely not the standard I’d expect at a Hyatt Regency. We ate all subsequent meals outside of the hotel.

2. The trails were closed at the resort. This wasn’t advertised anywhere on the website or in any of my communications with the hotel. It was our sole reason for coming and paying a premium to bring our dog. We found nearby parks, but this involved more travel, research, etc and less time enjoying ourselves when we were already there. In addition it was another hotel guest that told us about Mckinney Roughs, not the information desk in the hotel. Too late, it was already Sunday and it was closed.

Also, the wifi signal was terrible!

I was expecting sophisticated country lodge, more like a family fun camp. OK, but not right for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. Your feedback is taken very seriously, and we appreciate your candor in presenting your thoughts. We are very sorry to have fallen short of exceeding your expectations. Your review will be shared with our leadership team so they may evaluate the quality and standards of the food served in our restaurants. We are disappointed that our trails were closed during your stay as well. We received an abundance of much-needed rainfall a few weeks ago which caused the Colorado River to slightly rise above the banks, flooding some of our trails. Because the safety of our guests is a primary concern, we had to close the trails for a few days until they were repaired and safe to use. We will communicate with our guests services team so they may know to offer convenient alternatives in the event of trail closures. Again, we are sad to know that you were not pleased with your stay. It is our hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you, so we may correct these missteps and improve upon your opinion of Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 201 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!