“Another great stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
houston
“Another great stay”
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

We invited friends to join us this trip and once again this hotel was super great. Lots to do and great service. Pricey.
Close to lots of fun things to do in old town Bastrop and Austin
I do have one recommendation for the hotel: it would be helpful for the signage arrows to have more contrast. We got lost several times trying to find our excellent room!

• Stayed May 2013
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Hyatt Lost Pines, I'd like to thank you for sharing your review. We are so happy that you returned for another stay with friends, and that you found plenty to do while with us. Thank you so much for the suggestion in improving our signage. I will pass that along to our management team for review and consideration. We hope you'll plan to return once again, and we look forward to welcoming you back. Until then, happy trails!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was attending a business conference at Lost Pines and I had packed everything.. except my dress shoes. The meetings were starting in literally minutes and I was desperate! I called the front desk and they said they would "see what they could do". Within 10 minutes someone knocked on my door with a brand-new pair of black dress shoes and saved the day. They told me I can wear them while I stayed and just leave them in the room when I was done. Huge fan of Lost Pines! The golf course was very challenging and enjoyable. The hotel is situated within a really beautiful hilly area with many trees. The first night there we sat outside the bar / restaurant in some rocking chairs and had a drink and watched people make S'mores at an outdoor fire. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We are delighted that your business travels led you to Hyatt Lost Pines, and it is wonderful to know that we surpassed your expectations in service provided. We will pass along your note and our additional thanks to the front desk for providing shoes for your use during your business meetings. We are so happy that you found your experience at Wolfdancer challenging, yet enjoyable, and that you had a nice evening by the fire pit. We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Lately I've stayed in both budget and upscale hotels. Sometimes both surprise you. The WOW factor for Hyatt Lost Pines is not so much the hotel, but it's location. I don't think I have ever stayed at a hotel that has taken better advantage of its natural surroundings. This one backs up to the lower Colorado River, giving guests plenty of opportunity to soak up nature and hike, bike or horseback the 18+ miles of trails. The staff is over the top. Never crossed paths with a single employee that did not welcome me, speak to me, or ask what they could do for me. There's a resort fee that covers the complimentary bikes (one hour free) the water park with lazy river, slide, kiddie and adult pools (even a sand beach), s'mores at the fire pit, and the rocking chairs overlooking the river. There's a golf course, stable, spa, and a disc golf course running right along the river, and plenty of bird and butterfly-watching. Don't miss taking pics of T-Bone and Rib-Eye, the resident Texas Longhorns. The best food bargain is the $8 Tacos Pastor, recommended by the bartenders and worth every bite. It is a pricey stay, though so be prepared for that. But it is more than just a pricey hotel, and the natural surroundings are priceless.

Room Tip: I had a balcony room and it overlooke the butterfly garden and longhorn pasture. Not a cheap room b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Hyatt Lost Pines, I'd like to thank you for sharing your review. We are delighted to know that you found our staff to be courteous and attentive, that you enjoyed our natural setting, and that you appreciated the many activities and amenities we offered. We will be certain to share your review with our team - with special attention to the bartenders at Shellers who recommended the Tacos Pastor. We are so happy that you stayed with us, and we hope you will make plans to return for another stay.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Lost Pines is a great family resort! There are many activities for kids of all ages and for families. Your family can enjoy watching the movies outdoors each night after S'mores or floating down the lazy river during the day. There is also a pool for Adults Only, a spectacular golf course and wonderful day spa. You can find great deals online when booking your visit to Lost Pines. My family and I have been coming back every summer for the past three years and plan to continue to do so for many more!

• Stayed June 2012
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
On behalf of all of us at Hyatt Lost Pines, I'd like to thank you for your kind words and continued stays. We are delighted to know that you enjoy the outdoor movies, s'more beside the fire pits, Wolfdancer Golf Club and Spa Django. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We just returned from this hotel and I'm sad to say I did not enjoy our stay.

Upon arrival our reservation and the price we booked a room for was wrong. I hoped this was the end of problems when we checked in but boy was I wrong.

Our first night in our room... The AC wasn't working properly. We called the front desk and were given two box fans at 1am. I'm HIGHLY allergic to dust and explained to the front desk we could not be in the room for them to "work" on it so they resorted to the box fans. Really? $300 a night room was reduced to a $150 + all the fees/taxes that are added to it.

The next day I complained enough that we were moved to a different room. We left to visit bastrop for a couple of hours. When we returned our toilet was not working. Here we go again.... Really could this much go wrong in a two night stay??? It could and it did. Come to find out housekeeping had been flushing soap bars down in the toilet. A guy had to come and dig it out. :/ $100 off our hotel room was given for this mistake. Again you're paying $300 a night so take it down to $200 now (don't forget to add all the taxes and fees).

Everything is beyond over priced at this place! The rooms weren't that clean and def not what I expected for the price. Every extra activity that you would like to try will cost a small fortune. In the end for a two night stay we walked out of there spending $800! Yes $800 and that's with the $250 discount! Wow!

I plan to call corporate office and complain of our experience on Monday bc the front desk made it known our problems weren't their problems!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lmp12083
Thank you for your review. We are deeply sorry to know about the difficulties and inconveniences your experienced during your recent stay with us. It our goal and desire to provide a positively memorable experience to every guest that stays with us, and are disappointed to know that we fell short during your stay. A copy of your review will be shared with our leadership team and our other associates for review and evaluation. We would be honored if you would give us an opportunity to welcome you back and rectify your experience by providing you a wonderful time and a relaxing getaway.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Our medical group returned to the Hyatt Lost Pines resort for our annual retreat this past weekend. As usual, we arrived to welcoming staff and everything in order. This year, however, a thunderstorm caused changes to our plans. From what I could tell, the staff handled everything very well. Our meeting room was comfortable and well stocked.

The resort rooms were very quiet and comfortable. The kids had fun riding bikes and enjoying the lazy river and water slide.

Our family is looking forward to our next visit there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the hotel are probably quieter, but have a longer walk to the activities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jill W, Public Relations at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
We are delighted that you reviewed your recent stay with us and that your medical group returned to Hyatt Lost Pines for your wedding once again. Although we were unable to hold off the storms - it is good to know that you felt our staff handled the weather appropriately. We hope you'll make plans to return again soon - for business or pleasure {or both}.
Houston
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hyatt Lost Pines is one of my favorite Spa Resorts in Texas. A two hour 15 minute no traffic drive from Houston. You turn off 71, and proceed down this very hilly, winding and heavily forested roadway to the property, stopping for the occasional horse or animal crossing. Then you come upon this well done hotel resort. They greet you at Valet and check in, very friendly and quick unload and registration. We had been here several times before and prefer a room on the south side 1st floor with patio, which is closest to the pool, spa and all the food areas. The rooms are a nice size, well appointed and kept in fine repair. The beds are pillow top, big screen tv"s, big bathrooms, lots of well placed outlets, mini fridge and coffee making. We chose a junior sweet with a connecting room with my family of 6. Did I mention it was Mothers day weekend.
The service in all areas was great.
The food is adequate, very average. .Very disappointed with one meal, but they tried real hard to make it right.
The Spa is awesome, great wet areas, relax room, treatment rooms and my massage was excellent, I am very picky.

This is a very family friendly place, kids buffets, kids menus, smore's every night, activities everyday, movies at night, activity room and camp Hyatt. Did I mention the awesome pools, waterslide and lazy river. They also have other activities such as tennis,fishing kayaking, horseback riding, ziplines, eco tours and Did I mention one of the top golf courses in Texas..

There are also places you can escape if you have no kids on the trip, adult only pool, spa pool, awesome bar with back porch, fire pit and live music.

Room Tip: South side, rooms with a patio, first floor, close to spa,pool, restaurants and easy access to ballr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 5Starr4Me
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay. We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time here - from the moment you descended upon our entry drive, to the moment you departed. We are sorry to know that the food and beverage offerings did not meet your expectations. We will pass along your thoughts to the team for review. Thank you again for staying with us, and for sharing your experience. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Hilton Austin
Hilton Austin
#26 of 203 in Austin

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!