“Great place to relax”

GreenLeadersGold level
Fort Dodge, Iowa
“Great place to relax”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights, business conference, great staff and facilities. The brunch was the best. Will definitely stay here again. Evening walks by the river are very relaxing. Did not get a chance to go horse back riding, maybe on our next visit. Enjoyed sitting around the fire pitts and talking with friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony, great to sit on the balcony and have a cocktail at night or coffee in...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay with us. We are so happy that your business travel led you to Hyatt Lost Pines, and that you were delighted with brunch and the scenic setting. We sincerely hope you'll return and enjoy horseback riding and more. Your feedback is very important to us, and we are grateful to have the opportunity to know your thoughts. Hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We have been guests at this property, with 2 young children and as just a couple. The resort is extremely kid-friendly and has so many activities to keep the kids busy. The lazy river and swimming pools were amazing. The staff is friendly & helpful. We did the horseback riding, and had a lot of fun. For a couples weekend, we went to the spa & played golf. The spa was clean, the staff there was knowledgeable and also friendly. The golf course was beautiful. The staff at the pro-shop and on the course went over and above to help and make us feel at home. We walked along the river, on the nature path. It was so peaceful. I can not recommend this resort enough. You will not be displeased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
On behalf of all of us at Hyatt Lost Pines, thank you so much for the review of your stays with us. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed the resort, its activities and amenities as a family, and for a couples getaway. It is an honor that you choose to escape with us. Thank you for your complimentary words about the staff at Wolfdancer. We will be certain to let them know that they have delighted you. We'd love to invite you back to enjoy golf, spa, horseback riding, nature trails and all that Hyatt Lost Pines has to offer again, very soon. Thank you again for sharing your feedback
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My 6 year old son loved this place. He played soccer and played on the playground in the morning. We also spent some time in the video game arcade room. Then the whole family took a ride around the grounds on the horse drawn carriage. In the afternoon we rented bicycles and rode around the resort. We even enjoyed teaching our son how to play checkers on the large checker board in the lobby. The evening was the most fun with s'mores and a movie on the lawn. The resort is absolutely beautiful and the staff is very friendly. I really liked how the staff interacted with my son. We can't wait to come back in the summer so we can use the pool and lazy river.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank TexasHeather
Thank you so much for posting your review. We are thrilled to know that you and your family enjoyed the resort and the activities and amenities we offer - like horse-drawn wagon rides, soccer, s'mores and movies on the lawn. It is our pleasure to have you with us and to provide you and your family with an unforgettable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back. We'll save a tube on the lazy river for you!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night. My visit was during Spring Break, and I will say there were tons of kids around. This resort is definitely a family style place rather than a luxury resort. Upon arrival you will have a long and windy drive from the road to the resort. Don’t try this if you have had a drink! There is both valet and self-parking. I did self which is a bit of a walk to the lobby. There are usually people in golf carts to give you a lift back though, which was nice. Check in was easy and all of the staff I met were very friendly. The room is a nice size although I didn’t care for the décor. The bathroom is a good size also but not luxury. It had tile floors, a small tub and a separate shower. I had a balcony which is really nice, except that all balconies connect so you have no privacy. There appeared to be tons of activities for the kids and families. I didn’t participate in any, so I can’t comment. Overall my stay was fine, but for the price I would not stay here again as a single person. My rate, including all fees was $400.00. Given that I didn’t partake in any of the amenities it wouldn’t make sense to spend that much, unless of course it was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your stay. Your thoughts are very important to us. We are so happy that you stayed with us, found the rooms to be spacious and staff, friendly. While Hyatt Lost Pines is a popular destination among families and children during spring break, the resort is also a great place for a relaxing, quiet escape during times when school is in session. We'd love to have you come back and enjoy the resort at a more leisurely pace and provide you with a quiet, relaxing getaway again. Thank you for your feedback, we take your thoughts seriously and will review them with the team. On behalf of us all, we hope to see you again soon!
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Hyatt Lost Pines, it was paid for by my company, so I won't be good for advice on what everything costs.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by valet parking and I was escorted from my car to the front door, where I was then greeted by the bell hop who quickly took my luggage and showed me to check-in. Check-in was easy, smooth and the ladies at the front desk were very nice. We then headed to our room to freshen up before hitting the down stairs bar. The rooms were much more than I excpected, very large with a gorgeous bathroom with a seperate tub and stand up shower.
We made our way to the bar, but wasn't in a hurry, the huge lobby had a gorgeous seating area by the huge fireplace, it was gorgeous. The bar was very entertaining, they had a live band and the drinks were strong! After a few hours in the bar, we made our way outside where they had a large fire pit, it was a great place to take photos and to meet new people.
The next morning, before check-out, we decided to walk the premises, I cannot express how pretty the grounds are. I didn't feel like I was in Texas on a staycation, it felt I was a million miles from home. It was so calm and relaxing.
All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend this to couples looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that you and your husband enjoyed the resort and the amenities offered. Thank you for your compliments on the rooms, decor and live entertainment. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us, and invite you to come back soon for another romantic getaway.
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just returned from an event at the Lost Pines this weekend. Although it was work related, my wife and two children (11 year old and 8 year old) came with me. The high points were the following:
-outstanding and challenging golf course
-good food
-comfortable bed
-kid friendly activities: horseback riding, horseshoes, biking, hiking trails, archery, swimming (although we did not use the pool this trip), drawing competitions, etc..
-great spring weather in March!
It was a wonderful resort and my family and I had a great time. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Close to the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us during your business retreat, and are thrilled that your family was able to join you. It is so wonderful to know that you found Wolfdancer challenging and enjoyable, and that you liked the food as well. We hope you'll make plans to come back soon and enjoy the activities and amenities again and again! We are so thankful that you took the time to review your stay, and will be certain to share your thoughts with our entire team. Until next time, all the best to you and yours.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

For those looking for a good destination for a business retreat or a family vacation, the Hyatt Lost Pines is a good choice. I was there for a business retreat and the service was first class. Being there in February would not have been a time for a family because it was too chilly to swim, but a business retreat worked well as we were able to play golf and use the spa and fitness center.

Room Tip: If you want to swim, getting a room nearer the pool works best as the property is sprawling and can...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TeamTex
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
On behalf of the entire team at Hyatt Lost Pines, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the resort during your business trip, and that you were delighted with the service you received. We invite you to come back with your family to enjoy the Crooked River Water Park to the fullest, and perhaps take in another game of golf and relaxing spa treatment.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Hilton Austin
Hilton Austin
#25 of 203 in Austin

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!