“Family Resort”

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedar Creek
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for one night. My visit was during Spring Break, and I will say there were tons of kids around. This resort is definitely a family style place rather than a luxury resort. Upon arrival you will have a long and windy drive from the road to the resort. Don’t try this if you have had a drink! There is both valet and self-parking. I did self which is a bit of a walk to the lobby. There are usually people in golf carts to give you a lift back though, which was nice. Check in was easy and all of the staff I met were very friendly. The room is a nice size although I didn’t care for the décor. The bathroom is a good size also but not luxury. It had tile floors, a small tub and a separate shower. I had a balcony which is really nice, except that all balconies connect so you have no privacy. There appeared to be tons of activities for the kids and families. I didn’t participate in any, so I can’t comment. Overall my stay was fine, but for the price I would not stay here again as a single person. My rate, including all fees was $400.00. Given that I didn’t partake in any of the amenities it wouldn’t make sense to spend that much, unless of course it was a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback of your stay. Your thoughts are very important to us. We are so happy that you stayed with us, found the rooms to be spacious and staff, friendly. While Hyatt Lost Pines is a popular destination among families and children during spring break, the resort is also a great place for a relaxing, quiet escape during times when school is in session. We'd love to have you come back and enjoy the resort at a more leisurely pace and provide you with a quiet, relaxing getaway again. Thank you for your feedback, we take your thoughts seriously and will review them with the team. On behalf of us all, we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Hyatt Lost Pines, it was paid for by my company, so I won't be good for advice on what everything costs.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by valet parking and I was escorted from my car to the front door, where I was then greeted by the bell hop who quickly took my luggage and showed me to check-in. Check-in was easy, smooth and the ladies at the front desk were very nice. We then headed to our room to freshen up before hitting the down stairs bar. The rooms were much more than I excpected, very large with a gorgeous bathroom with a seperate tub and stand up shower.
We made our way to the bar, but wasn't in a hurry, the huge lobby had a gorgeous seating area by the huge fireplace, it was gorgeous. The bar was very entertaining, they had a live band and the drinks were strong! After a few hours in the bar, we made our way outside where they had a large fire pit, it was a great place to take photos and to meet new people.
The next morning, before check-out, we decided to walk the premises, I cannot express how pretty the grounds are. I didn't feel like I was in Texas on a staycation, it felt I was a million miles from home. It was so calm and relaxing.
All in all, it was a wonderful stay and I would highly recommend this to couples looking for a quiet getaway.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to know that you and your husband enjoyed the resort and the amenities offered. Thank you for your compliments on the rooms, decor and live entertainment. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us, and invite you to come back soon for another romantic getaway.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I just returned from an event at the Lost Pines this weekend. Although it was work related, my wife and two children (11 year old and 8 year old) came with me. The high points were the following:
-outstanding and challenging golf course
-good food
-comfortable bed
-kid friendly activities: horseback riding, horseshoes, biking, hiking trails, archery, swimming (although we did not use the pool this trip), drawing competitions, etc..
-great spring weather in March!
It was a wonderful resort and my family and I had a great time. We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us during your business retreat, and are thrilled that your family was able to join you. It is so wonderful to know that you found Wolfdancer challenging and enjoyable, and that you liked the food as well. We hope you'll make plans to come back soon and enjoy the activities and amenities again and again! We are so thankful that you took the time to review your stay, and will be certain to share your thoughts with our entire team. Until next time, all the best to you and yours.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

For those looking for a good destination for a business retreat or a family vacation, the Hyatt Lost Pines is a good choice. I was there for a business retreat and the service was first class. Being there in February would not have been a time for a family because it was too chilly to swim, but a business retreat worked well as we were able to play golf and use the spa and fitness center.

Room Tip: If you want to swim, getting a room nearer the pool works best as the property is sprawling and can...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TeamTex
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

On behalf of the entire team at Hyatt Lost Pines, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are delighted that you enjoyed the resort during your business trip, and that you were delighted with the service you received. We invite you to come back with your family to enjoy the Crooked River Water Park to the fullest, and perhaps take in another game of golf and relaxing spa treatment.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice location by the river, far away from road. Very peaceful. Perfect romantic gateway.
Reception area is decorated in a nice country style and staff was very nice and helpful.

But room was just average, and not what you would expect from such a nice Hyatt. It needs to be renovated / modernized, in particular the very plain bathroom with yellow wallpaper.

Be aware that you will pay a resort for even in middle of winter, when it is too cold to use the (nice) pool. Most of the activities are extra and not included in the resort fee. For instance, it is an additional $15 to use the steam bath in the women's locker at the Spa.

And watch out for your credit card charges after checkout. I found an additional and unexplained $8. I called to discover that these $8 correspond to 2 bottles of water that we had left in the room after having paid for them at the vending machines on the floor. I was recredited immediatly, but regardless, it should not have happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a RENOVATED room. Be aware that some of the rooms can be quite a walk away from reception...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. We are so happy that your travels brought you to Hyatt Lost Pines. Thank you for sharing your candid thoughts on the decor of the room and the resort fee. We are thrilled to tell you that we are completing our soft-goods renovation this week, which has enhanced the appearance of all of our guestrooms, lobby and many food and beverage outlets. We are hopeful that your travels will bring you to Hyatt Lost Pines again, and that you will be delighted with the changes.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very nice and very friendly. We only had bar food Saturday night but it was expertly prepared, vey tasty, and served by a very friendly bartender "Zach". We walked the beautiful grounds, stoping to warm ourselves at the various open pit fires. Then back to "Shellers" (the Bar) for a nightcap. The room was very large and nice and we slept very comfortably. All in all, it was a very pleasant Saturday night.

Room Tip: Get the corner River Suite its HUGE
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your Saturday stay with us. We will be certain to share your review with our entire team. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your dining and nightcap experience in Shellers, warming up beside the fire pits, and resting in your spacious room. We sincerely hope you'll make plans to come back for another stay soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I love this hotel! It's very beautiful, peaceful and relaxing. Mu husband and I have been here twice and we just love it! Come here to feel pampered and relax. The spa is fabulous!! I would spend hours there, relaxing in the steam room, taking a dip in the outdoor whirlpool.... It's fantastic. My husband would play golf while I went to the spa and he said its a beautiful course. The hotel has a great pool, in fact, it's like a mini waterpark with its slides and lazy river. At night, they have outdoor fire pits to sit next to with your glass of wine! It's the best hotel to just get away with your significant other or the whole family!

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your recent review with us! We are delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your getaway with us -- including the time spent at Spa Django and Wolfdancer, respectively. We agree---sitting fireside with a glass of wine in hand is a great way to spend the evening. Thank you for letting us know that we made you feel relaxed and pampered, and we hope you'll make plans to come back for another round soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
The Driskill
#26 of 201 in Austin
Hampton Inn & Suites Bastrop
Four Seasons Hotel Austin

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!