“Beautiful resort, great for families”

Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cedar Creek
GreenLeadersGold level
Austin, Texas
“Beautiful resort, great for families”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The Hyatt Lost Pines is a great place to go to get away from it all. That is, unless getting away from it all means getting away from being around children. The place is swarming with them, especially in the spring and summer time.

If you have kids, as we do, the place is a blast. The lazy river and slide are awesome. The s'mores at night are not to be missed. And if you are there at the right time, you might actually get to ride a longhorn! In the peak seasons, make sure you get to the pool early in the morning to claim your lounge chairs. The good ones tend to go fast. By good ones, I mean the ones with shade. This is Texas after all. :) There is also an adults only pool, in case you need a break from the kiddos.

I've also heard that the spa is very nice, although my wife and I have never used it before.

Overall, we love the Hyatt Lost Pines, and look forward to going there every year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank heyyu
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for posting your review. We are delighted that Hyatt Lost Pines is a go-to getaway for you and your family. It is our pleasure to provide our guests with excellent service paired with action-packed recreation, activities and amenities. We agree, the resort is an excellent destination for families; however, it can also be a relaxing escape for couples or adults only. In addition to the adult pool that you mentioned in the review, Spa Django also offers a secluded pool, whirlpools and saunas. And, since Spa Django is open to adults 18 and over it is a great place to spend the afternoon sans children, if that is the goal. We hope you'll make plans to visit again soon and enjoy all of the offerings of Spa Django and Hyatt Lost Pines. Again, thank you for your sincere thoughts and feedback, we appreciate it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
North Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here Jan 6 to Jan 8 and were very very impressed. The resort is fairly large and the buildings and grounds are just beautiful. The hallways and public areas are filled with paintings, photos, artifacts and large historical document reproductions celebrating the early days of Texas history. The buildings were designed for a Texas country setting.

Upon arriving we were greeted at the front door by a middle aged greeter-doorman-luggage- parking overseer who has to be the friendliest we have ever encountered and the moment we were assigned a room our luggage was delivered to our room. That gentleman's greeting, attitude and care was characteristic of every single employee we encountered. Excellent and friendly care is the standard at this resort. We almost felt spoiled by our three day stay and will be returning.

Room Tip: While all the rooms seem to have a good view we asked for and received a third floor room that had a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank travlinlite319
Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you found the resort's structure, artifacts and grounds to be pleasing and interesting. In addition, we are glad to know that our associates delighted you and your wife throughout your stay. We sincerely hope you'll return for another getaway soon---it would be our pleasure to serve you once again.
Graham, Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Tucked away in the trees southeast of Austin is a resort and spa offered by Hyatt Regency. I attended a seminar there in January so several of the amenities were not available but we explored so we would know what to do when we came back in the summer. Pools, lazy river, walking trails and outdoor activities abound. It would be a great place for the grand kids. There is a great golf course even though I don't play. The food and the room were great and I would highly recommend this place as a getaway. Bastrop is not far but this is the type place that you come and don't need to leave. Also my wife enjoyed a 3 1/2 spa treatment while I was in class that she enjoyed. Sip wine in front of the outside fire pit and make smores provided by the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask foe a room with a view. Most have one bu some are better than others.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting the review of your recent stay with us. We are delighted that you were able to enjoy the resort during your seminar, and that your wife found the spa relaxing and enjoyable. From all of us, we sincerely hope you return and bring the grand kids to enjoy all of the activities and amenities offered. Thank you again for the kind sentiments, we will be certain to share them with our entire team.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

we stayed on night and didn't get to do any activities, but looks like that have alot of things todo.
beautiful area. We did eat at the firewheel cafe one night and then in the morning for breakfast. the meal was good and the steaks we cooked perfectly. Food was great. Waiters and waitresses, slow slow slow. Don't be in any hurry to give your order or receive your bill and you will be just fine

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of your stay with us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time at Hyatt Lost Pines, and that your meal in Firewheel Cafe was delightful. We apologize that the service was not swift and attentive. Your feedback will be shared with our food and beverage team for review. We invite you to come back and stay with us again, and enjoy the many activities and amenities we offer. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Very friendly, accommodating staff. Top rate as to service, cleanliness and available activities. If you want peace and quite though, do not go on a holiday week or weekend. The weddings, families and other numerous guests result in congested conditions.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay, and that the staff was friendly and accommodating. We hope you'll come back to enjoy the amenities and facilities again soon. Hyatt Lost Pines is a great place to escape, whether you seek quiet relaxation or invigorating adventure. When you are ready to make return plans, we invite you to mention to our reservations agent that you'd like to be placed in a quiet location. They will do their very best to accommodate, ensuring that you get the maximum peace, quiet and relaxation that you seek. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, we really appreciate it!
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We have stayed at Lost Pines many times for business and pleasure. It's a short drive from our home en route to Austin.

However, this time, we stopped-in before a business meeting in Austin a few evenings before Christmas.

Very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Check-in was seamless. The room was clean and spacious. Lobby decor was festive. Breakfast the next morning was great... A huge stack of banana pancakes!

If you get the chance to get away before the Christmas/New Year's rush, it's worth the trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jill W, PR/Marketing at Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the review of your recent stay. We are thrilled that you were able to stay with us before your business trip in Austin. We appreciate that you have returned again and again for a Lost Pines escape, and sincerely hope to see you again soon. We appreciate your kind sentiments and will share them with the team. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts, and lovely photos, and please know that we look forward to welcoming you back.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I stayed for two nights and left frustrated. It's a beautiful piece of land and I think they did an excellent job with the overall development. It feels like a true destination and I applaud their sensitivity to the environment. But they boast over 500 rooms and unfortunately it feels like even more. I've never been down such long corridors in my life. I noticed that many of the children used scooters to get down the halls. When I first saw them I thought it was inappropriate for parents to allow this behavior but once I made the trek a few times I thought about getting a scooter for myself.

Anyway, once inside it really feels like there are a million guests right on top of one another. And this leads to our biggest problem. When we were there (between christmas and new years) it was a pretty even mix of families with small children and younger adults intent on partying (wedding guests). The first night we were kept up most of the night by our neighbors partying and continually slamming both the hall door and the rolling door to the patio. We called the front desk and asked them to stop by, which they claim to have done but little changed. We got some ear plugs and made it through the night. We asked to move rooms but the front desk said they were checking out and it shouldn't happen again. They did not offer (nor did we ask) for a discount on the first night.

The second night I woke up to an incredibly loud series of bangs next door (like somebody dropping a mini fridge repeatedly). I noticed an overwhelming sewer gas smell and I could hear hotel employees with their beeping walkie talkies outside our room (in the adjacent room I think). The smell was enough to keep me up for a few hours that night; very unsettling. The sewer gas was an ongoing issue during our stay, but until that night it was only present in the hallways.

My wife complained upon check out and they offered to comp our “50 dollar resort fee”. We didn’t even know there was a resort fee! Here’s the thing. I own a house and I understand that things break and neighbors can get loud. And I appreciate that the hotel staff has to handle thousands of people a day and not everyone is fair to them or to the other guests. But it’s not like this is some all inclusive resort that you get what you pay for. Here you pay a premium for the room, the food, the drinks, the golf, etc. So if the room portion turns out to be a disaster and I can’t sleep I don't think I should have to make a scene at the front desk to get a fair acknowledgment. They can keep their resort fee along with the rest of the money I spent on the food and golf and whatever else. But if they want to risk my vacation on hosting a wedding that results in people vomiting off of neighboring balconies in the middle of the night then they should be quicker to compensate those affected. And if the property is too big to address plumbing issues during the day then they should compensate those affected during the night.

The golf course was amazing. I had a blast seeing my nephew take in the various outdoor activities and sights. I would go back in a second if the front desk didn't make me think that the problems we faced were the norm and not the exception.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank rpbluejay
On behalf of all at Hyatt Lost Pines, thank you for taking the time to post this review. Your feedback is very important to us, and taken very seriously. A copy of your review has been shared with our management team for evaluation. We deeply apologize for the interruptions and inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us, and would like you to know that these are unacceptable. We strive to provide an enjoyable experience to all of our guests, paired with matchless service and authentic hospitality. We'd like to invite you to return, so we may provide a positively unforgettable experience to you and yours. If you please, I'd like to ask you for a few more details, so we may address each situation you mentioned separately. Would you be willing to email me directly? jill.williams@hyatt.com. Again, thank you for your feedback, and we hope to speak with you soon and welcome you back to a luxurious Texas wilderness escape.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cedar Creek
Hotel Granduca Austin
#7 of 201 in Austin
South Austin
Omni Austin at South Park

Been to Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!