We spent a very relaxing weekend in Dittmar House on the ranch. On arrival, we used the map that had been emailed to use to find our way there with no problems at all. We had only just pulled up when Mike and Brandy (the ranch managers) pulled up outside to welcome us. The door was already open and our keys and an information pack were all ready for us. The cabin was spacious and had two bedrooms, although the adjoining door between the two bedrooms and the lack of a curtain on of the bedrooms windows meant that really only the back bedroom was usable. It was rustic looking but clean and tidy. The bathroom had an old-fashioned bathtub with a shower head and curtain, so was perfect for either a bath or a shower.
Mike and Brandy invited us to tour the ranch with them in the morning, to feed the animals. While a 7am start didn’t really sound all that appealing, we were so glad that we went! We got to see all of the animals, some of which are in areas that you cannot access on your own. The tour was really informative and made us feel so welcome and at home; they are a lovely couple.
Then we hired one of the ranches golf carts and went off on our own to explore some more and take some photos. This was a great option for me, as I am allergic to horses. Then in the afternoon we did some clay pigeon shooting, which as a small, skinny thing I found impossible, but my husband really enjoyed it!
In the evening, we went for dinner at Carol’s restaurant and the food was fabulous. But be aware…this is only open at weekends! There didn’t appear to be any other restaurants in Cat Spring.
One piece of advice is to make sure you were insect repellent, as my husband received a few nasty bites.
We will definitely return to Blisswood in the future, it’s the perfect getaway from it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch