My husband and I spent two nights in The Dog Trot House/Magnolia Suite. Unfortunately, this stay was a big disappointment to us. The suite was pretty nice and we really enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. There were just a lot of other things that disappointed us. This is an unhosted property and it is located in the country. Those facts were fine with us. We have stayed at other places like this and everything has been fine. We had some questions and/or concerns after arriving. There was a folder with a long list of contact numbers. We couldn't get in touch with anybody or get anybody to call us back. After almost 24 hours of being there, I finally managed to reach the owner. She told me that all of the staff other than herself were on vacation. Thank goodness we didn't have a major emergency. My husband wasn't very impressed with the cleanliness of the suite. The milk that was left in the fridge for our breakfast was outdated and spoiled. It was just a combination of things that didn't impress us. Even if a property is unhosted and located in the country, it still needs to be organized and run well. It just seems like we were left high and dry on this stay. We don't plan to return to this property unfortunately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch