“A real vacation. Peaceful, restful and so much fun.”

BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Cat Spring B&B and Inns
“A real vacation. Peaceful, restful and so much fun.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We had a wonderful. Like being at a friends house. We will be back. We stayed in the log cabin and was a throw back in time. Everything was an adventure. Skeeter was great! Next time we will seek out Carol. thanks.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank owencatkitty
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your time to post a review about your stay in the Log Cabin. I'm glad you enjoyed it and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend in the Texas Farmhouse! We loved it! We did not mind the fact that there was no tv in the room. The dolls were creepy in the house...but it made for a great conversation piece. The house is gorgeous and so is the decor. Upstairs there is a closet in the corner by the reading area. Inside that closet was a doll in a carriage...again another scary conversation piece. The staff is wonderful. We loved Carol, Skeeter and also the foreign guy and the man that took us horseback riding! Horseback riding was wonderful, I highly recommend it. Also rent a golf cart! We loved touring the property on our golf cart! We fell in love with the ranch dogs that wander the property. One even followed us inside our house! There was one that loved riding in the golf cart with us. Love the old black lab! Loved the puppies close to our house too which are all looking for homes! :) The property is beautiful...all the animals are social and friendly...even the old pot belly pigs! It was like a whole other world compared to our busy city life! We have already picked out our next little home to stay in as we will be back next year! We want to take our daughter to expereince the country! We did get to see the inside of all the homes they have to rent and they are all wonderful. The loft suite is out next rental for sure! I highly recommend this bed and breakfast if you are looking for a relaxing getaway away from the city. Bring your insect repellant.. pesky mosquitos! Would be neat to receive a coupon of some sort for a second stay..hint hint Carol! :)

Room Tip: We loved the Texas Farmouse!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your time in posting a review about your stay at BlissWood. I'm glad you had a great time here and that you will return in the future. My apologies that you were disturbed a little by the dolls. You are the first guest to point that out, and I will get them to reside in my house (they were my dolls that I played with as a little girl), so that if you do stay in the Texas Farmhouse in the future, you will not have to be concerned about them. We have specials and discounts running at all times on the BlissWood website, you could become a Fan on Facebook or watch for an e-mail announcement where BlissWood sends out exclusive deals for our past guests.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I travel to Texas twice a year to visit family, but my first stop is always Blisswood Bed & Breakfast! It's a great place to enjoy some rest and relaxation. I like to stay at the Enchanted Cabin with my wife and it's awesome because it's secluded, right next to the lake, has both an indoor and outdoor hot tub (which we used lots), and super peaceful.

I've also stayed at the Writer's Cabin in the past and it's great too. It's a charming cabin with lots of live oaks around that are just too too pretty.

There are lots of activities to do at the ranch such as horseback riding, archery, hiking, etc. I enjoying napping and just taking it easy for most of the day though :)

In the evenings we get dressed up and go have some drinks and some great great steaks at Carol’s at Cat Spring Restaurant which is very close by. We always have a good time there.

I highly recommend BlissWood for those looking for a getaway with the family or just your couple!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thanks for taking time out to let us know how you liked your stay at BlissWood (and the previous ones). We appreciate folks who choose us to return to and we look forward to having you in the future.
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Blisswood Bed & Breakfast is a little slice of heaven. A wonderful place to relax and unplug. I stayed in the Texas Farmhouse with my 2 dogs as a birthday gift to myself. I enjoyed the silence... the laid back atmosphere... the ability to not be bothered by anything. My girls and I enjoyed hikes, watching the ponies from the back porch and just "being". I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to get away from hussle and bussle of city life.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thanks for taking time to post a review of your stay at BlissWood. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with your dogs and that you took advantage of our hundreds of acres of ranchland to explore with your dogs.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were looking for a place to disconnect completely from our busy lives in Houston, without having to drive too far, and we found it when we discovered BlissWood. What a perfect weekend! It was blissfully peaceful, restful and quiet. We stayed in the Maui, which was exactly what we had hoped for...totally relaxing and removed. We were impressed with the service we received upon arrival, with directions over the phone and then Kat there to meet us, leading us directly to the Maui and making sure we had everything we needed. We drove to Carol's to get dinner and the food was delicious, once again coupled with friendly and efficient service. The fact that there was no wi-fi and no TV was another attraction, as we were looking for a total disconnect. We came home refreshed and relaxed and looking forward to our next visit to BlissWood. Now we would like to explore some of the other accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking time to post your review, and we are happy that you enjoyed the Maui Suite at the Oasis. You seemed to have really enjoyed the essence of BlissWood and what is was created for--folks like you who want to unplug and have a peaceful, relaxing stay in the countryside. Looking forward to your return.
Hurst, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had the most wonderful time at Blisswood Bed & Breakfast. If you are looking for a quite get away this is it. We stayed at the Magnolia Dog Trot House with a jacuzzi and private pool for enjoyment. We woke up early the second day and enjoyed a long walk down the private dirt road to the enchanted lake revisiting the Gazebo we married in the previous day. We sat and enjoyed the view revisiting our time there the day before. We also enjoyed a horse ride the day before we left. We certainly intend to revisit Blisswood and visit some of the other houses and activities there to enjoy. We where married in the summer.. I look to revisit Blisswood in the Spring and then the Fall as these are my two favorite Texas Seasons.

Thank You Blisswood for making an important Day in our life Special.

A special thank you to Skeeter Hagler for capturing our memories on photo.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thanks for your review and I am happy that you enjoyed your time here and that will be returning in the future.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It is a nice place but it would be ideal to go rest or a family reunion. It is just a country place.. you can go horseback riding... see nature.... etc. Forget about Internet and television. There are some beautiful animals and lovely dogs in the farm. My husband and I, on our way to Brenham, visited an old prison in a small town. In Brenham there was an antique car show that we enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to review and I am glad you found BlissWood as a place to relax and happy that you were able to go through Brenham, the home of BlueBell Ice Cream! Looking forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cat Spring
Hampton Inn & Suites Brenham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus
Far View - A Bed and Breakfast Estate
Hempstead Country Inn & Suites

Been to BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch? Share your experiences!