“Wedding”

BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Cat Spring B&B and Inns
“Wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Our wedding was at Blisswood, January 3, 2013. we stayed in the Lehmann house. It was beautiful, the grove was so pretty. Carol was super sweet and Skeeter did a great job with the events and pictures. Every time I called or emailed I always got a response. Carol did a great job with the ceremony. Our wedding was small, 6 people but it was fun. We did all the decorating ourselves but we used a lot of Blisswood tables, chairs and cables no additional charges applied. I was happy with how things turned out. This is a great place for you to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. We did not have cell service and no tv. We used a nearby BBQ restaurant and the cake that Blisswood provided was great. The restaurant nearby was excellent. Overall great experience. Thank you

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunnybunnylane
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thanks for taking your precious time to write a review about your wedding at BlissWood. Happy for you that all was great and wishing you a blessed married life. Come back for anniversaries!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

When we arrived at BlissWood, we stayed at the log cabin. It is what I expected from a log cabin, and my wife and I enjoyed the stay very much. When we got up the next day, we did archery, tomahawk throwing, horseback riding, and also enjoyed the different animals and puppies that they had there.

I was definitely a enjoyable time, and not a long drive, considering how long many people spend driving from work to home. There are many other things to do, but we enjoyed very much what we did.

2 Thank michealp122
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thanks for taking time to post a review and glad you enjoyed your activities at BlissWood. Hope to see you back at the Log Cabin in the future.
Maniago, Friuli, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed two nights in the Log Cabin and it was awesome. The cabin is like 19th century Texas and it really feels like that. The kitchen is 1920s: it is charming and everything works well. There are also some modern amenities such as air-conditioning and a microwave oven. There's memorabilia everywhere, the Log Cabin is a little museum of old-times Texas.

I read another comment on TripAdvisor which states the cabin had dust... well, it's made of natural wood so of course it has some dust, it's just plain impossible to remove it. There are also critters which you can hear and see during the night, so maybe it's not for everybody but at Blisswood there is plenty of more modern accommodation if you don't like the "roughness" of the Log Cabin. We enjoyed it very much instead, and we're not even folks coming from a big city looking for country life: we live in a small town in Italy.

The Blisswood property itself is wonderful: we walked at dusk to see the cows and a lot of other animals. The wild boars are so tender, and the peacocks are nice as well (even though you might think they are a bit petulant when you're sitting in the Log Cabin porch :-)). There are also some old carriages near the souvenir shops which you have too see! The lake was a very charming place as well.

We also had a horseback ride around the property which allowed us to see the other cabins. Some of them (like Lehmann House) were very secluded and looked so romantic. Armando was a wonderful guide: he doesn't talk that much unless asked, but he's ready to explain everything one might wan to know about the place. A couple of nice dogs (Sassy and another one I can't remember the name of) followed us all the time.

The Log Cabin can look a bit expensive (a basic breakfast is however included), but it becomes a bargain if you're more than two as it can sleep a six people. And, anyway, the place is so good (just looking from the kitchen window at dusk gives you a peaceful feeling) you need to spend a couple of nights there.

I would definitely recommend Blisswood to anyone: just be sure to choose the accommodation option which fits you best.

Room Tip: The Log Cabin is the option which has most character, and we loved it. If, however, you don't fe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lordarthas
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks for coming all the way from Italy to experience a little bit of Texas history. The Log Cabin is a replica of the type of cabin the Germans built when they settled here in Cat Spring in the 1830's, and it is furnished with antiques of the 1800s, and I'm so glad you appreciated it. I do hope you have great memories and photos to take home with you to Italy. Thanks for taking the time to let me know about your experience.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at the log cabin and I was expecting a nice romantic cozy cabin. Instead at the very dusty and was so creepy! Me and my fiance were seriously uncomfortable. Our cabin had black and white photos of people on the wall as well as a downright terrifying little doll laying on the table. Everything about the cabin was just plain creepy. We had to toughen it out and stay the night since I spent so much money for the get away. Now with that being said, everything else was nice. I especially enjoyed lunch at the gazebo..it felt very special with my fiance. The animals were cute and kept us entertained while we were there. It would have been a good overall experience if the cabin wasn't so scary. We felt like we were about to get haunted by people from the 1800s.

• Stayed July 2012
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thanks for your review and taking time to do this. I am so very sorry you did not like the Log Cabin. It is furnished with furniture from the 1800s and many people like the ambience. I wish we could have known that you were uncomfortable in the cabin, since we could have easily moved you to a cabin that you might have enjoyed more. We have 18 houses/cabins/suites here, and I'm sure one of them would have suited you.
Willis, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Maybe that isn't the right term because never in a million years could we have dreamt how amazing it would actually be. Everything was better than I could have imagined in my head. If you ever want to elope in the country this is the place to go. Carol and her crew took all the stress out of planning our wedding by going above and beyond. Our in room couples massage was so awesome. The atmosphere at the ranch is so peaceful and it is a beautiful place. It couldn't have gone any better. The staff at Blisswood are top notch. I highly recommend anyone who wants to elope or relax or have a full blown wedding to consider Blisswood B&B. I was already ready to come back the day we left. Truly an amazing experience. Our romantic Carol's dinner was delivered to our cabin and was so nice, the food was delicious. My wedding bouquet could not have turned any more beautiful, they died the flowers the exact color I was wanting. The wedding cake literally was the most delicious moist cake I have ever tasted. We absolutely plan to return, and can't wait.
The only qualms were a few bare wires,
And no washer or dryer.
But these really had no negative effect on our stay, just washed clothes by hand and hung to dry. Made it all the more rural living.
The A/C had a hard time keeping my husband cool. Gotta love June heat!
Mikel & Kady York
Willis, TX

Room Tip: I don't want to give away my new little secret getaway cabin, but the enchanted cabin is by far...
2 Thank Kady Y
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
We are so happy that you had your wedding dreams come true here at BlissWood and I appreciate your time in telling us about your great stay. With 18 houses and cabins, we do not have washer/dryers in each place. We do have common laundry facilities at the Show Barn, and my apologies for not knowing you needed a washer/dryer. We will check the AC and see if there is something that needs to be done with that. We do have ceiling fans, too, that do help to move the air. Looking forward to your return. You are such a wonderful, happy couple!
Victoria, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We purchased the Intimate Wedding package and it was just great. The ceremony was nice and simple, the food at Carol's was wonderful and the cake was probably the best cake I've ever had. My new husband and I really liked the room and the natural surroundings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your wedding at BlissWood. It was an honor to have your marriage take place here.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

i spent 2 nights on Blisswood.it was like a dream.we enjoyed our staying there As we enjoyed the sun rising along the ranch ,The Horse riding,the dinner on the Carol's restaurant and above all of these, i was extremely happy because my cabin(the loft suite) was infront of the Bulls.
The staff are friendly.Everything was Awsome.My Husband Told me this is the best trip We ever Had in Texas.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
So happy this was your best Texas trip ever and thanks for taking the time to tell me about your experience. Looking forward to your return.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cat Spring
#1 of 4 in Sealy
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#2 of 5 in Columbus

Been to BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch? Share your experiences!