“Weekend to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Cat Spring B&B and Inns
“Weekend to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I had a friend come over to Texas from Japan for the weekend, and wanted to go somewhere close to Houston, but can have a Texan country atmosphere. We stayed one night in Maui Suite and it turned out to be a great stay. It started with a warm welcome: we played archery for the first time, but Skeeter kindly showed us the tips and we ended up playing for more than an hour and a half. After we wandered around the lakes and chat looking at the cows, and forgeting all the work in the city. We had dinner at Carols - again friendly atmosphere and the food was great as well!! Felt everyone in the place looked so happy. Next morning we had a ride on the horse, guest was just 2 of us and Armando, who guide us; truely the best horseback riding ever -- we rode in the trail in the woods, in the ranch looking at the cows, by to the lake, in the flowers (so pretty!), 2 cute dogs together joining us--- far better than those riding where you have to be in one row of 20 people at the same time. I want to thank all the people who made this stay really memorable!!

Room Tip: All the rooms close to the ranch was full so we stayed in the Oasis. It was very green and nice, but...
Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write this review and thanks for coming to BlissWood to have your friend experience some ranch life in Texas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
LJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

My husband and I had the most relaxing and fun 2 days at Blisswood to celebrate our anniversary! We stayed in the Enchanted Cabin which was so peaceful and romantic. We took advantage of several of the activities that were available to us. We really appreciate the folks that helped to make our stay so memorable. Tommy's patience and instruction helped to make our skeet shooting experience fun for me and challanging for my husband. Armando was our guide for horseback riding, he did an awesome job. My husband commented "that this was the most enjoyable horseback riding that he has ever done"! I'd like to also send a big thank you to Skeeter! His patience and wonderful personality during my archery debut made for such an enjoyable time. We also had a picnic under the gazebo, did some fishing and ate a wonderful dinner at Carol's Resturant on Friday. Our entire weekend provided such happy memories that I will always cherish. Thank you Carol.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for your review and also thanks for choosing BlissWood for your anniversary celebration. So happy that you created some great memories of your special time together celebrating.
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

My (now) fiance and I stayed at Lehman House for 2 nights. I can't remember how many times we found little decorations that reflected on how well thought out this Bed & Breakfast was devised. From fully stocked kitchen, to extra blankets, to outdoor BBQ - you name it. Everything was there. The backyard on this house is almost enchanted. There's a swing that I think has cup holders, I mean,it was a dream house. The first day we relaxed, but the second was a day for fun. We started with 11am horse back ride, then picnic at the gazebo, , and then massages at our place (Lehman House). The massages were THE BEST I've ever had. That's including Houstonian, and several ones in Europe. Very thorough, every inch, (literally from head to toe) and gentle. We CAN'T WAIT to go back, probably in the summer. One last thing, if anything in the house malfunctions, remember you are at the country, but also know that Carol and staff are extra-accommodating. We had a tiny issue with a shower, and once we shared that with them, the plumber showed up in less than 10mins. Its crazy for a 650+ acre ranch, 1 hour from Houston. Super highly recommended. The steak and the pork chops are cooked to perfection.

Room Tip: Lehman has 2 stories, you can probably fit 8 people if you think about it. Bring your own HEB/Kroger...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thanks for your review and you got the true essence of BlissWood--a place of real "bliss," and sounds like you will soon enjoy "wedded Bliss?! Congrats on your engagement here at BlissWood. My apologies for the shower "hicccup," and we were right there to help you!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

My Girlfriend and I had the privilege of staying at Blisswood a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in the Maui Suite at the Oasis and we had an absolutely wonderful time there. Carol was extremely friendly and accommodating, as was everyone else we came in contact with. The food at Carol's Restaurant was outstanding, compliments to the chef, and Arturo was an absolute delight as our waiter. Our experience has definitely turned us into guests and friends for life, we will ABSOLUTELY be back again. A note to the people complaining about creeky floors and foliage everywhere: THIS IS A RANCH, NOT THE RITZ CARLTON. That is exactly why we decided to come here. We wanted to get away from all the noise and busyness of the city, and get back to the country lifestyle that I grew up with. The sound of boots on an elevated wood floor brought me back to my childhood days. We were also able to bring our 160 lbs Great Dane with us on this trip, and he also had the time of his life. He was able to come along with us when we went horse back riding, skeet shooting, and on our bike ride around the ranch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for the review and I'm so glad you got to enjoy our peaceful surroundings and countryside. I'm sure your Great Dane equally enjoyed it, especially the horseback ride (he's almost as big as the horses!)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We wanted to do a babymoon before our first child arrived, and since I couldn't really travel far, this was the perfect distance and package. We happened to be there during Valentine's Day, and it was a wonderful, unique experience for us. We went bass fishing, did archery, had a picnic at the gazebo, and had a massage (reflexology for me) at the bungalow. We stayed at the Bluebonnet Bungalow, and it was perfect for us. It's nice to have the privacy away from the norm, and the fact there was no TV and WIFI helped us focus on us. It was a great change of pace. Dinner at Carol's Restaurant was also a nice experience. Even the water was the best water ever! Being pregnant, I was very careful about what I ate, and Carol was very accommodating about that when I requested something different. It was a great experience, and I would definitely come back here, maybe next time with our daughter after she's born and old enough to enjoy the activities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thanks for taking time to write a review about your stay at BlissWood and thanks for choosing to come here for pampering before Pampers. I glad you made some good memories and happy to serve you at the restaurant. Blessings to you and Baby!
Fresno, Texas,usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband & I own our own businesses in Houston, so to get away from all the hustle and bustle, no phone calls, no traffic, no worries, no stress is something we have come to appreciate. To drive just a little over an hour to get this, is priceless! Thank you Carol for offering that to us! We have now been there 4 times and plan on going there next weekend for Easter. We are taking my parents and our 2 kids, ages 5yrs. & 20months. We plan on making family traditions at this place. Thus far, we have celebrated my Birthday, which was last week and I should mention my best B'day yet! We also took my daughter there on her 1st family vacation when she was only 2wks old. -Got the most amazing pics with her & nature, using just a blanket and antique bonnet that we had purchased at Mustang Alley (a local antique shop...A Must-Do when visiting Cat Springs). Another Must-Do is having dinner at Carol's. The food is amazing (I'm talking 5 STAR), romantic atmosphere, and friendly & pleasant staff. We have stayed in Farmhouse & Lanai House. Both have 2 completely different feels, but equally wonderful. At the Farmhouse we got to enjoy the roaming animals, went for a horseback ride, had a picnic at the gazebo, went fishing, and paddle boated. At the Lanai House, we sat on the porch enjoyed a nice glass of wine and listened to the waterfall that was about 20ft. in front of us, took a walk by the stream, swam in a secluded pool in this rainforest like green house- YOUR OWN PRIVATE PARADISE! Another thing my husband & I like to do while there is reading the Guestbook. It's filled with touching stories & experiences. You laugh. You cry. You relate. You feel apart of them because you have experienced something that is sacred and few have experienced. I can't tell you which I prefer over the other, it is a toss up. Hope you enjoy as much as we do, so Carol can keep offering family traditions to to all our families.

Michelle Beavan

P.S. Carol, if you are reading this, please sign me up first, if you ever decide to do a Frequent Flyer's Club.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking time to write a review about your stay at the Oasis. It is with pleasure that I share my space with people like you who really get the essence of what the Oasis and the ranch offer. Looking forward to your return.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

This was our second stay at the ranch, this year my 16 year old son and I stayed at Lehmann House the week of spring break and we could not have been more pleased. It was a bit of a culture shock for him since he is used to tv, xbox, cell phone, music, and movies to occupy his time so he wasnt quite sure what it was you were supposed to do here, but once we got out and started exploring he had a blast. We cooked dinner on the grill the first night we were there, picked out our bedrooms, (there were four to choose from) put our groceries away, and walked around in our area of the property. We even played cards and checkers that night which we had not done in years. The next day we cooked a big country breakfast and spent a lot of time riding around on a golf cart to the lakes, ponds, open fields, and barn area where all of the animals are, we even found a remote little place that had three really big pigs that the care taker said were his pets, one was 19 years old! That evening we made a simple pasta dinner and sat outside and star gazed for two hours, it was amazing to spend that kind of quality time together. The next morning we had the boxed breakfast that was in the fridge which i thought was very nicely done with fruit, muffins, bagels and juice. When a 16 year old says they don't want to leave you have really found someplace special. Last summer we stayed at the dog trot loft which has a private swimming pool which was also very, very nice and we are looking forward to that this summer also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to post your expereince here at BlissWood. I'm happy for you that you got to connect to your son in a special way out here in the country. Looking forward to seeing you in the summer.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cat Spring
Super 8 Sealy
Super 8 Sealy
#1 of 4 in Sealy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sealy

Been to BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch? Share your experiences!