“To get away from everything, but not be too far”

BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch
Ranked #1 of 1 Cat Spring B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I planned this trip for my husband and I to get away from everything. He wanted to just disappear so I found this B&B and it sounded perfect. It was beyond perfect. No cell service, unless you stand in just the right position, no TV's, we brought a radio with pre-recorded CD's. All the dishes are supplies an snacks and breakfast are supplied. You bring whatever food you want to cook. We road horses, shot guns, played with the farm dog, she enough took a ride with us in the car. We climbed the huge tree house beyond the block horses; you have to look for it. We fed the black horses apples, had dinner at the Blisswood Steakhouse where all the ranch hands act as waiters. By the time we left we felt so at home at we were only there 3 days.
If you are looking to be left alone and to have some time alone, this is definitely the place. The staff was all around all the time working the ranch but no one bothered us in the least unless we talked to them first. It ranks as one of our top 5 vacation spots. We will go again, there are so many different cabins, you could go more than once and get a whole new experience.

Room Tip: The cabins off of the main ranch are just down the road a bit, no big deal. The description on-line...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to post a review and I'm honored that I am one of your top 5 vacation spots! I enjoy sharing my ranch and B&B with others like you who understand what we are all about. We are a working ranch and like to leave you alone to enjoy yourselves. Look forward to having you back.

There are newer reviews for BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch

Reviewed February 20, 2013

My girlfriend and I are from Dallas and decided to take a weekend getaway. I couldnt have asked for a better experience! We stayed at the Dogwood Loft Suite and it was excellent. It had a full kitchen and grill out back. There are tree swings everywhere. We took morning walks. Everthing is very private and the people are VERY friendly. We loved sitting on the front porch and drinking coffee in the mornings. We will definatly be going back! You will not be disappointed if you can appreciate the country living simple lifestyle.

Room Tip: Were we stayed was PERFECT for a couple. I would like to stay in every house just to see what the ex...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Wesley, Thanks so much for takinig time to post a review. It's the simple country lifestyle that you got to experience and enjoyed some rest and relaxation. Hope you can come back and "tie the knot" here at BlissWood! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband & our 2 daughters loved our stay at Blisswood. We first enjoyed it as the 2 of us, but have returned soon after the birth of our daughters. They love all of the animals roaming around, especially the pony. This year was our first experience in the restaurant. It is so charming, the staff is friendly & professional & the food was delicious. We will be back again!

Alice

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Alice, Thanks for taking time to post the review. So glad you enjoyed BlissWood yet another time. It was good to see your new family and getting to meet them in the restaurant. Hope to get to see your family growing up as you come back to stay in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I love the ranch. The best place to have a lovely memory. If I was to have my wedding in Texas, I would definitely do my wedding at blisswood. I love the food...oh my God it is so delicious. I had the best time of life. The environment is so beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

And I would love it if you could have your wedding at BlissWood; however, I do understand you have to go back to your own country to do so. It was a delight meeting you both and glad you enjoyed the food at the restaurant. Thanks for taking time to do the review.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I had just suffered the loss of his mother to cancer and we really needed a chance to unplug from everything. Blisswood Oasis was Perfect!! We stayed in the Lanai House and it was exactly what we were looking for! We only spent on night but we pretty much had the whole oasis to ourselves! The lodging and all of the amenities were perfect... We loved the sound of the waterfall right outside our window! The owner, Carol, was so friendly and welcoming and we really enjoyed dining at her restaurant as well. I highly recommend staying at Blisswood for a quiet getaway trip!

Stayed: January 2013

I'm so sorry about your loss and happy that you could get away to a quiet place to reflect. Thanks for taking time to let me know how you enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Spent two lovely days at the BlissWood ranch this past December with my wife. We stayed at the Oasis and it was even better than I expected! After traveling from far away it was a really nice to arrive to cozy fire in the fireplace. Thanks to the great staff for setting that up!

During the day we explored the ranch on horseback and had a good time just relaxing and enjoying the country. Overall a great experience and I can't wait to get back and do it all again!

Also, don't miss a meal at Carol's restaurant. My wife is still talking about the awesome rib-eye she ate there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

Thank you for taking time to tell about your experience at BlissWood. It gives me great joy to share my place with wonderful people like you. I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you had a great meal at Carol's at Cat Spring. Looking forward to your return and for the opportunity to cook a great ribeye for you and your wife.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Carol, thank you so much for making this getaway so pleasant and unforgettable. Thank you for arranging everything at the last minute.We accomplished so much in such a short time. Loveeee it!! Your staff is so helpful and nice. This place is sooo amazing and very peaceful. I wish we could have stayed longer. We will come back again.

Room Tip: No matter where you stay you are going to love it! But definitely the magnolia suite was wonderful!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for taking your precious time to post your review of your stay here. It gives me great joy to share my place in the country with people like you, and I'm happy that you "accomplished so much in such a short time." It was a delight to meet you at Carol's at Cat Spring Restaurant and to have the privilege of being the chef and cooking your dinner. Looking forward to your return trip to BlissWood.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cat Spring
Super 8 Sealy
Super 8 Sealy
#1 of 4 in Sealy
Far View - A Bed and Breakfast Estate

Been to BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch? Share your experiences!