My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary at Blisswood for two nights one weekend and had a wonderful experience! We stayed in the Enchanted Cabin which was exactly what we were looking for--cozy, secluded and affordable. We were there two nights and I used the amazing jaccuzi tub four times! We loved being able to bring our dog and basically have her be leash-free the entire weekend. She swam in the lake, chased lizards and ran through the beautiful fields (It's August in Texas and the grass at Blisswood was remarkably green and lush!).
We turned off our cell phones and spent the weekend cooking (Enchanted Cabin has a full kitchen), drinking wine and champagne, and reading. We did walk to the petting zoo area and met a couple friendly families, but we stayed to ourselves most of the weekend. Everyone we talked to seemed to be having a really great experience too.
I noticed some of the poor reviews mentioned the horses health, but my husband (who grew up in the country with horses and other animals) commented on how beautiful and well-groomed they were. We didn't see a shred of evidence that the animals were not taken care of properly.
The only scheduled activity we participated in was a couple's massage. I love massages and get them as often as our budget allows and this one was nice. Certainly not the best one ever, but it was a relaxing hour and we liked that they came to us.
Overall, we loved our relaxing anniversary weekend and it was exactly what we were looking for. We are hoping to go back one winter in the future so that we can enjoy Blisswood without the Texas heat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch