BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch
Super 8 Sealy(Sealy)(Great Value!)
$72
$101
HIExpress.com
$79
$75
Best Western Inn of Brenham(Brenham)(Great Value!)
$101
$81
All reviewshorseback ridelog cabinenchanted cabinoak treesdog trotloft suiteback porchminiature donkeyspicnic lunchrelaxing weekendjacuzzi tubelopement packageanniversary weekendgreat getawayfull kitchentrap shootingthis past weekend
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I'll start by saying I wanted to take my daughter on a cruise for her birthday...nope, not my Katie.
She said she wanted a family party and maybe some horseback riding...goggled house back riding near Houston and BlissWood popped up...with Pasofino horses, the same breed she has!
And so the planning began. My honey (Ken) and I drove up there about a month before just to make sure it was as neat as the website. The bluebonnets were in full bloom and the views were breath taking! It was neat just to see people working in the yards, cutting branches, tending animals like they didn't have a care in the world. Even Carol (the owner) was out with her weed whacker cutting down thistles with all her dogs trailing behind her. We stayed at the Lehmann House, sleeps eight with a cute kitchen, living room, and a great view out of every window. We started our party Friday night at Carols Restaurant, doesn’t look like much on the outside but the inside...totally cool! Carol was there to greet us and Debbie was our host. (I feel kinda like they are family now) Our party Saturday was more than I could of hoped for, family and friends from as far as North Carolina were there to celebrate Katies special day, crawfish and BBQ, washers, belly laughs..what else could you ask for? Sunday Armando took us on a guided horseback tour through the woods and fields and I made dinner in the old timey looking stove. Monday came too quick and we had to head home but the memories of the long weekend will stay with us forever. Thanks BlissWood family, we'll be back again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thanks for posting your review. I'm so happy that Katie, you, and the rest of the family will have these great memories of her 21st birthday party. I hope you will be back for her 22nd!

Reviewed March 25, 2012

We stayed at the Oasis. In the Maui room. It must have been very peaceful and beautiful years ago. But now it is all overgrown. Stock piles of junk in half finished cabins. Dead plants which need trimming. I believe the owners are way overextended and simply can't keep up with the place. The tub was very nice. Not much more space than a hotel room. A slight musty smell (sort of expected from a ranch house - not awful). I choose to not save the 6 bucks a person and go ahead and get breakfast. Which was 2 store bought muffins, 2 apples, yogart, and 2 bagels just left in the frige. 2 nights For the money I expected a little more. Belleville had some cute shops and a cool blacksmith in the original blacksmith shop. We drove around the ranch. Again not well kept but average scenery. (my family has a ranch as well I know what work it is to keep up with it but for the $$ and so many rooms/ cottages-I expected more. Owners keep reiterating that they respect your privacy, this leads one to believe your cabin will be pretty private -over 500 acres yep it should be) but you are right ontop of and sharing walls with all the others.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank WKids-3-
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2012

This review just came to my attention, and my apologies for not responding sooner. I want to thank you for your review, and it is guests like you that we aooreciate and help us to be better and better for our next guests. Although I have a manager that runs the B&B for me, I am the owner and totally responsible for the operations and take total responsibility for your stay here. Staff works diligently to make sure that guests have good experiences here and we are addressing your issues.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

I had an amazing get away with my fiance. It was a much needed 1 night vacation, I couldnt believe we had to go back to reality Sunday afternoon. The view and the scenery is amazing. It just so happened that we spent the weekend when it was raining and honestly I still couldnt have asked for a better time. Even in the pouring down rain we still went horseback riding afterall that is the cowboy way....and it was fantastic. Everyone was so kind and pleasent they made the stay more welcoming. We ate dinner at Carols diner and it was also fantastic. We stayed at the Hibiscas Suite, my first thought when I walked in was how gorgeous it was and how wonderful it was to have a greenhouse attached to our room, so romantic, and pieceful. My fiance and I are not used to being without technology and I think that was one of the best parts about the whole visit. We had such an amazing time that we are even planning our wedding here. We cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for taking your time to post your review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed the Hibiscus Suite at the Oasis and your dinner at Carol's at Cat Spring Restaurant. It gives me great joy to share with wonderful guests like you. I'm looking forward to your marriage at BlissWood!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our few days at BlissWood Ranch in early Feb.
The charming Texan Farmhouse was filled with early Americana antiques taking
us back to another era. Out the kitchen window we enjoyed horses grazing in the
pastures beside an old windmill and relaxed in the old rockers on the front veranda.
Nearby we enjoyed petting all the beautiful animals including baby donkey and his parents, twin calves with Jersey mother, a shaggy miniature horse, a very playful kangaroo, an adorable Vietnamese pig and Shetland sheepdogs to name a few. The bright turquoise peacocks flaunted their brilliant chests and the gentle horses received lots of affection . The bison were magnificent! Ranch hand Armando was most kind and hospitable.
We enjoyed great cuisine at warm and friendly Carol's Restaurant and were entertained by Carol and her friends with country and western music and dancing.
Skeeter, an outstanding, talented resident photographer, had a super exhibition of his horse
and cowboy themed pictures on display there.
We will always have many happy memories of our visit to BlissWood!
We are now home in our typical Montreal winter, land of snow and ice, and would love to
see BlissWood in the Spring.

Room Tip: Loved the two story Texan Farmhouse filled with beautiful antiques. Absolutely charming! Surrounded by old oaks, nearby barn and horses grazing in the pastures. Very quiet and restful with walking all around the ranch.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol D, Owner at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thanks for coming all the way from Canada to BlissWood and thanks for taking time to post a review. I agree--animals are a joy and glad that you could enjoy them as I do. Hope to see you back in the spring!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I loved the beautiful setting on the ranch.. and the animals were delightful... I especially enjoyed my ride wth Johnny and his fiance, Amy... He knew that we were good riders and took us on a very scenic and lovely ride that we will never forget! They both made our stay very special... I definitely want to return and will for sure go on another ride with Johnny and Amy!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed your horseback ride. There are more rides just waiting for you!