Rodney and I had known for a long time that we wanted to elope (we’d been dating for 8 years and engaged for a year), and we knew we wanted it to be memorable and special yet simple, so we were absolutely thrilled that we discovered Blisswood B&B. The elopement package provided us with everything we needed, and the biggest decision regarding the wedding that I had to make was what color roses I wanted for the bouquet! What a relief to a gal who likes to keep things simple! I’d even found two peacock feathers on the ground outside that I ended up using as my hairpiece for our intimate ceremony, which took place at the gazebo near the lake.
Afterward, we had a romantic dinner at Carol’s, where we listened to live music by a local singer/songwriter. Skeeter, a very talented photographer, graciously offered to take a few pictures of us cutting our wedding cake. He had the photos on a disk for us the following morning; his selflessness was touching. This act of kindness was merely one facet of the entire spectrum of hospitality that we experienced at Blisswood. Everything was perfect.
When we found out that the Enchanted Cabin was already booked at the time of making our reservations, we opted for the Log Cabin and we loved it! It has a rustic feel and was very clean. We had a good time inspecting the antiques around the place, and it was fun to imagine what life must have been like in the 1800s. The convenience of already having our breakfasts in the fridge, ready when we were, was a treat, as well.
Our first night there, we spent the evening playing Farkle on the front porch and soaking in the moon and stars and fresh country air, with two guard-cats keeping us company. :) This was a perfect culmination to the night, after having had masseurs come treat us to a much-needed and very relaxing couples massage.
Because of our stay at Blisswood Bed & Breakfast, we had the opportunity to experience true ranch life, which was such a nice change from the hustle and bustle of the city life that we experience daily. Armando was so friendly and so fun to talk to. He had offered to take me along with him while feeding the animals one morning, to which I eagerly accepted. After returning with stories, pictures, and videos of exotic animals, my husband was disappointed that he’d opted to sleep-in. The early bird really does get the worm, I guess!
After touring the ranch, we’d come to the conclusion that this would be the place where we would spend our anniversaries. I’d even mentioned that to Carol, the lovely and congenial entrepreneur, who informed me that there are 16 unique cabins/homes on the property, with more to come! I think we’ll be set for a while!
We were truly blessed to have such a wonderful wedding weekend at a location so serene and inviting. We can’t wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch is an authentic Texas experience like no other. Unwind in the peaceful country setting amidst majestic live oaks, open ranch land, and our fully stocked fishing pond. Choose from 18 unique Texas Hill Country lodging options including turn-of-the-century Texas Homes, a Hawaiian themed Oasis, The Enchanted Cabin by the Lake or a contemporary Texas ranch house. Enjoy simple life in the calming surroundings of our working Texas Hill Country guest ranch, where animals abound including horses, chickens, dogs, cats, pot bellied pigs, deer, peacocks, and even American Bison. Enjoy numerous ranch activities including horseback riding, archery, animal feeding tours, fishing and more! Our breathtaking 650 acre Texas guest ranch is ideally located only an hour west of Houston, and 2 hours to San Antonio and Austin. Come experience a laid back and authentic Texas experience, perfect for romantic getaways and family vacations alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blisswood b&b At Lehmann Legacy Ranch Hotel Cat Spring
- Blisswood Bed And Breakfast At Lehmann Legacy Ranch