“Tasty tasty”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Wonderful friendly service; lovely porch or yard to sit in if the weather permits. Food was very tasty. I always eat here when I go through Castroville.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The food is fresh and homemade. Selection normally consist of menu selected by owner for that week. The atmosphere is outstanding giving one the true feeling of a nice country town setting. I could not go without mentioning the poor score given by a Houston person that is use to a fase pace environment where you can sit and smell the aroma of pollution. This is at the foot hills of our beautiful hill country i the beautiful town of Castrovile. I have been going to this place for years and honestly can say I have never been disappointed. Great place for gathering with friends and christmas season is so beautiful. I highly recommend this place for lunch on a Sunday.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This place is beautiful and food great. The people are friendly and service great. Desserts are very good.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We arrived just before the 2:00 pm closing and were still greeted with enthusiasm. Our party of seven plus one dog ate on the very nice patio among beautiful trees and blooming plants. Service was pleasant and prompt even though we were away from the main dining area. The chicken cordon bleu with fresh carrots and green beans was very tasty. Don't pass up the carrot cake. Neat, neat old house.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A "ladies who lunch" type place. It's in an old house with steps so its not accessible to those with mobility issues unless they sit outside. Sandwiches are very good and the service is good. I didn't feel awkward dining alone like I usually do.