“yummy!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2012

My husband, daughter and I ate there a few weeks ago. I wanted a good club sandwich and what I got was so much better. The sandwich was so delicious and the portion was extremely generous. In fact, i had enough left for dinner later. My only complaint was they close at 2:00.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I would not recomend, they are slow and dont care, treat people like they have all day to wait on them

Reviewed June 2, 2011

We ended up going to the Castroville Cafe for our pre-wedding meeting with the pastor and his wife. It couldn't have been more wonderful! We were all pleasantly surprised by the entree selections, and the choices of sides. Our waitress suggested that we do the half sandwich/side/salad combos and the portions were more than generous. My husband is a bit of a food snob and even he was impressed by their meatloaf. The prices are on par with what I'm used to at gourmet deli eateries. We will visit Castroville again just to dine here!

3  Thank TXDesigner21
Reviewed July 11, 2009

We called today to make reservations for dinner, as we have eaten dinner at the Castroville Cafe many times. We were shocked when we were told that they are now only open for lunch--not dinner. They are only open for dinner one Friday per month. Why???? What a shame!

1  Thank BeenThere20082008
Reviewed March 17, 2009

A great place for lunch with walls filed salon style with local "country" paintings. Cats cruise the yard that is filled with tables for outdoor seating. Food is good to very good, sandwiches, salads, and soups. Chicken and dumplings and carrot cake are not to be missed. No fried food... period. Dinners on the weekend have a a nice ambience but the food is unadventurous. Get the "gravy" on the side! BYOB.

2  Thank Castrolandia