“Turned around - glad we did.”

Haby's Alsatian Bakery
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Castroville
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went to Castroville for a visit and to eat, and on the way home passed by the bakery - and turned around and went back!
Minutes before we both pledged we would never eat again - but we left with a bag full of goodies - most of which we ate on the way home.

Everything looked great - wish we were close enough to stop by often - but then again before long I'd need a larger car!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I've been twice in two weeks and I live in San Antonio! I'm always overwhelmed when I see this place. The first time it was around 4pm and it was mostly cleared out. I got some apple fritters, white bread, cinnamon rolls and they let you grab something for free off a shelf so I got some cinnamon donut holes. The fritters and cinnamon rolls were out of this world. I froze everything and the fritters were great defrosted.

I went last week and got even MORE stuff. This is not a place to be missed. They are closed on Sundays though and are open until at least 4:30 or 5 on Saturday.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

When you walk into this bakery, the smell is overwhelmingly good. It smells of bread baking. The cinnamon rolls were to die for, as were their cookies. There bread makes wonderful toast. Great place!

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Any kind of donut, pastry, cookie, bread, cake you could think of is here - our group of 10 loved everything we tried!

Reviewed January 6, 2012

Found this place on Travel Advisor as we were passing through to San Antonio. Good fresh food but would have preferred a higher end coffee (they served Foldger's). The staff were helpful but wouldn't make personal suggestions on their pastries, so we had to wing it. We got some donuts and an apple strudel. It was a great eating experience.