“Been going here since I was a child”
Review of Sammy's Restaurant

Sammy's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Castroville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Sammys is a family owned business and I have gone here since I was a child.homemade pies are awesome.menu is a little bit for every taste.always come back when I go home for a visit.

1  Thank littlemiss901

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Restaurant was dirty, service was poor, and food was disgusting. After waiting almost an hour our food finally arrived. One bite and we left. It was that bad.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Before driving around and seeing some of the historic houses we stopped in for lunch. Ordered the fried chicken ... for .75 extra you could get three huge beasts. The chicken was so yummy and so were the mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and sweet tea. Due to the huge plate we split it and it was plenty for lunch! Be sure to tour the Steinbach Haus across the street - cute cottage moved her from France. Also many other historic house in Castroville.

1  Thank nowpacking
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good country cooking. Had Chicken Fried Steak – light breading, very tender. Would have liked to see a more substantial piece of meat, seemed to be too tenderized, if there is such a thing. The salad bar was adequate – used Ice Berg lettuce more than I cared for. The Key Lime Pie was without equal!! Crust was a bit too thick, but FLAVOR was unsurpassed!!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Read great things about this restaurant, so was disappointed when we stopped in for a late lunch. Maybe it was what we ordered. Or maybe it was the fact that they had a big political gathering going on in the back room. But whatever the case, the taco salad my wife and I ordered was awful. This so called salad had very little lettuce and a lot of what looked like a bean paste. Turned out to be overly cooked refried beans. They did load on the ground meat, but by the time we tried to pick through this we had decided we weren't that hungry.
My guess is that this is a great place for breakfast. And it might be good for lunch-just don't go if they are hosting a large gathering in the back.