“Not Impressed”

Sammy's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 38 Restaurants in Castroville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Read great things about this restaurant, so was disappointed when we stopped in for a late lunch. Maybe it was what we ordered. Or maybe it was the fact that they had a big political gathering going on in the back room. But whatever the case, the taco salad my wife and I ordered was awful. This so called salad had very little lettuce and a lot of what looked like a bean paste. Turned out to be overly cooked refried beans. They did load on the ground meat, but by the time we tried to pick through this we had decided we weren't that hungry.
My guess is that this is a great place for breakfast. And it might be good for lunch-just don't go if they are hosting a large gathering in the back.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This is your old school family diner. Great choice for home cooking...fried chicken, steaks, chicken, fried steak, home-style vegetables. You'll enjoy it if you are looking for old school food at good prices.

1  Thank Don B
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We had a great breakfast/brunch with the entire family at Sammy's Restaurant all sixteen sat together as the staff placed tables together in the side room to accommodate us. Sammy's has good Texas food, the selection is wide and the food came out hot and tasty even with the large group.

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Had their burgers and they were good and the big burger was worth eating again. I will stop in there the next time I am pasting thru.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Sammy's food is consistently good, but my favorite has to be their enchiladas. I could easily eat there on a regular basis.

1  Thank Helen D