“New Chef = Awesome food”

The Old Alsatian Steakhouse and Ristorante
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been coming here for years. Always came back because I loved the atmosphere, food was okay. Stopped by a week ago, the menu was different and to our amazement the food was delicious! One of the owners came around and talked to us for awhile. Looks like they have a new chef. Definitely will be coming back more often and soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I were there today for lunch. It was a great decision. I had the chicken salad and soup of the day, which were very good. He had Beef Bourguignon and loved it! He's extremely picky about his food and he was very well please. Recipes for the Pesto and Tiramasu have been passed on by a former italian chef and are the best we've ever had! Ambience is great and we even got a tour of their museum out back. Fantastic! We'll be coming back!

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Having read mixed reviews, my wife and I went without high expectations. We were seriously impressed.
We had appetizers, drinks, and a steak entree. Everything was prepared perfectly and tasted great. I rarely order steak out because Im often disappointed. The 12 oz herb seasoned sirloin was perfect.
The owner checked in with us once, and our server (Lucinda) was amazing.
We will be back next time we are in the area!

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We joined another couple for dinner at the Old Alsatian last night. The place is charming, and the staff was very friendly but most times seemed confused. The menu didn't look anything like the menu they have on their web site, or the one listed on Yelp. As you pretty much expect at a German restaurant things were a bit slow on the service side, and the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. Two items that we wanted, including the onion soup were not available (at 6PM). I ordered the Jager Schnitzel and found that not only was it sprinkled with chives, the sauce was full of onions which I don't like. One of the staff saw me picking them out and comment that the chef likes to add things in... I ended up trading meals with my wife. We all had German entrees and none of us thought the food was worth the drive to Castroville.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great waitress, Lucinda, was fabulous. Very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. Checked on us often. Owners AND chef also checked to see that everything was perfect. Ribeye, potato and asparagus were all delicious. They serve yummy bread prior to the meal. To top it off we split a Creme Brûlée! It was warm with a crusty sugary topping. The owner then took us or a tour of their little museum of artifacts from the Civil War that they dug up on their property. The night we were there there was no wait. There is also seating outside. We would go again and Highly recommend it!