“Wonderful atmosphere, great food!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Old Alsatian Steakhouse and Ristorante
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blenheim, New Zealand
“Wonderful atmosphere, great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

We were told this was a good place to eat and it certainly was! My friend had the surf and turf. The steak was delicious and the fried shrimp were big and the batter was outstanding. He also had a twice baked potato. There was a ton of food.

I had the manicotti and there was so much I couldn't finish it. The pasta was a tad bit chewy, but overall it was very tasty. I also had a cup of the onion soup which was outstanding. I had wished there was more. It had a great flavor...some of the best I've ever had.

Dining outside was a perfect choice, as the weather was good and we weren't placed super close to anyone else. It felt a little claustrophobic inside by the section that looked out to the patio. It was in an old house, so the ceilings were lower in that area.

I would recommend it for anyone in the area. The service was fantastic!

Visited May 2012

“The food was wonderful and the service was impeccable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

We spent last weekend in Castroville. We ate at the Alsatian twice. The first night we ate off of the Mother's Day menu. Two of us had pork tenderloin with fig sauce and two had beef tenderloin. Both were prepared wonderfully--tender and nit over cooked. The strawberries were tasty and colorful. The next night we wanted pizza but they were only serving off the MD menu. But Tito, the manager, was very accommodating and offered to prepare a pizza. The pizza had a crispy crust and fresh ingredients. The wine and beer lists will please everyone. The prices are reasonable I highly recommend the Alsatian for a unique experience.

San Antonio, TX
“Never Disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I've been here on several occasions, and have yet to be disappointed. The place is historically rustic, and thus not modern and pristine, but I've never suspected anything unsanitary. Service is quick, and prices are VERY reasonable, given similar restaurants in the area.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Gideon_Krasmanic
Castroville, Texas
“A great historic place with really good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

My husband and I went for lunch. The service was great. I had the pasta with chicken in a mushroom wine sauce and it was delicious. My husband had the schnitzel with red cabbage and loved it. Both dishes were lunch specials, so the price was reasonable. The bread they served was fantastic. We will definitely be going back.

The restaurant itself is in a historic alsatian house. It's really a nice romantic place.

PS. If you like homemade pizza, definitely order one from here. We took one home on another occasion. And needless to say, it beats anything you can buy from one of those chain places.

Chicago,Illinois
“Worth the Trip.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

A step back in time. Congeneal staff, excellent food and wine. Open weekends. Just a short drive from San Antonio.

• Visited December 2011