“wonderfully managed”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Carthage
Missouri City Tx
“wonderfully managed”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband stayed at this hotel for several weeks. The manager Dorothy Clemente made sure that his stay was very comfortable. Everything was neat and clean everyday. The staff were always helpful and very professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Its so very nice to have respectful and friendly personal to greet you and from check in to check out. A big thank you to Dorothy she makes the wheels turn in your favor at this hotel. We will see you again Thank you R. J.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dorothy C, General Manager at Super 8 Carthage TX, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I look forward to having you back.
Please call anytime you are in the area and we will have a room ready for you.

Thank you again.

Dorothy Clemente

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Carthage, Texas
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I work in the oil field and have basically lived out of hotels for the last 5 years all over Texas, Lousiana, Oklahoma and Kansas and never have I felt more at "Home away from home" as I have here at the Super 8 in Carthage, Texas. This hotel has always been good to me in years past but under this brand new management and staff, they have gone above and beyond the typical "service" I've become accustomed to from the average low budget hotel. I was first impressed by the negotiation of my nightly rate during my 2 weeks at a time stays. Then everytime I asked for anything, wether it be extra coffee packets, some milk or juice late at night and even opening up breakfast a little earlier so I can eat before I have to be at work in the morning, they have said yes and been enthusiastic about it. The housekeeper is the best I've experienced and she's grown accustomed to my requests and personal habits and makes sure im completely comfortable when I get back every evening. Overall I am most impressed with the general manager Dorothy. She understands that its rough on us guys who spend all this time away from home, and does everything she can to make me feel like Family.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us. My staff and I try to make everyone's stay great. We know how hard it is for all the workers that are away from home. That is way we try so hard to make it easier for you.
We are happy to open up earlier for breakfast for you so you can have something to eat before you go to work. It had been a pleasure for all of us having you here.
Thank you so much and we look forward to having you come back every week.

Palestine, Texas
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I am a business traveler and I stay in a motel/hotel 3 - 4 nights a week. This room and hotel was very clean. The staff were courteous. There is nothing negative to say about it! It was a Great Stay to say the least!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dorothy C, Manager at Super 8 Carthage TX, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us. My staff and I take pride in making sure your stay is great.
We here at Super 8 will like to have you come stay with us again, So anytime you are in town please feel free to give us a call and we will get you a room.

Thank you again.
Trinity, Texas
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Dorothy for making my stay at the Super 8,Carthage,TX as pleasant and comfortable as possible. We were there from Oct. 2013 thru Jan 2014, and was treated with nothing but respect and friendly personal. The rooms were very clean and the food was always warm in the morning and the area was very clean. Once again I would like to thank Dorothy for making sure that if we had any problems they were handled immediately. One of the things I would like to point out also is one of our workers became ill,being a dieabetic Dorothy went to make sure he was doing alright every 20 minutes, until we came in off the job, once again thank you Dorothy. I would highly recommend this motel to all my friends, and I hope that the supervisors realize what a faithful and good employee they have with Dorothy.

D Johnson

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dorothy C, General Manager at Super 8 Carthage TX, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. It was a pleasure to have you and your company stay. I look forward to you staying with us again.
Thank you for all your kind words. All I try to do is be myself.
Hope you have a wonderful day.