“Nice little place...”

Inwood Suites Suites Carthage,Texas
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

While doing a project locally I needed 8 rooms for about 2 weeks. They gladly accommodated me and my crew. Hot breakfast every morning and very clean rooms. The staff is very pleasant, even the General Manager came and introduced himself to me thanking me for my business. Will recommend and stay here again when the need arises

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed August 12, 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Went in to ask about a room, and the desk clerk quoted me a price of $ 85.00 I told her that I saw it for like $70.00 something on trip advisor and would go through there to make a reservation. We'll she told me that if I do I would get as making room and not one that I request. I stated my husband is handicapped and we do not want a smoking room. We'll she also stated that if we do book it she will not change to a handicap or non smoking it is not allowed. I told her that was wrong because I used to manage hotels and I knew she could and she stated she would not, so we left and found a room somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Gwen J, Manager at Inwood Suites Suites Carthage,Texas, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear Ms Tina,
Thank you for the comments on the review. The hotel would like to contact you and/or you contact the hotel. We have researched the issue and none of my team members are coming forward on this incident. This could be that one of my team members is hiding the truth. This could also mean that you might have our hotel mistaken for another hotel. Nonetheless the hotel does appreciate your feedback and would like to work towards a resolution. This is not the type of service that I would expect from employees to provide to patrons/guests of the hotel.
So please do provide contact information for yourself. The hotel's contact information is:
Phone: 903-694-9075, E-mail: gwen@carthagetxhotels.com or paul@carthagetxhotels.com
Gwen Jones
Hotel Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Staff was very busy somewhat disorganized. Seemed the previous evening had been a burden to recover from! Front desk had trouble finding out whether the room was ready or not.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
Gwen J, Manager at Inwood Suites Suites Carthage,Texas, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

I would like to thank you for your comments and feedback. I do apologize for my team not being on their "A" game. We do have some new team members and are working out some of the service issues you experienced. Hospitality is a service that is constantly evolving to meet the
needs of our guests. If you could please contact Gwen Jones, Operations Manager, and/or Paul
Patel. The hotel's number is 903-694-9075 and the cell number for Paul Patel is 903-407-6791. We would like to discuss your experience and take measures to prevent it from happening again. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 30, 2014