“Carthage has listened!”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carthage
Vancouver, Canada
“Carthage has listened!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you travels take you to Carthage, Texas I would definitely recommend this hotel. The owners appear to be offer keeping this place clean and tidy. No dust bunnies, leftover finger print, curly hairs, etc. From check in to check out I was impressed. Not that long ago I've written a few bad reviews on H/I Express but this one is top notch.

Congrats guys! IHG should use your hotel as a training facility for other H/I Express hotels that have gone downhill. Thanks for the overnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback this is what keeps us motivated, we do strive for customer satisfaction.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was a small town with most of the newer hotels on one side of town. Followed tripadvisors ratings and reviews once again and they did not disapoint.
Nice clean hotel with the best bed I have slept in at a hotel yet.
Good breakfast as well.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the review. We hope to see you again here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage, Tx.

Houston
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I will say they have the perfect balance between rustic and refined!!!

I just spent a month there, and I had a very good experience. Hotel is new, rooms are good condition, and clean. Only suggestion is to may be enforce a “must were shoes and get dry - while coming out of the pool policy" as some people left trails of water throughout the lobby and elevator.

Breakfast was good, staff was nice, and excellent management. Thumbs up for Paul, Laura, and Sharanda (not sure how to spell it) for their excellent service, and for making me feel like at home.

I will be coming back for sure when work brings me back to Carthage.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back overlook the trees as there is no construction on that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Debra H, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Sooner_Orchid

Thank you for the positive review, we were so glad that you stayed with us. If you ever are in the Carthage area we hope to see you here at the Holiday Inn Express in Carthage. We value our guest.

Shropshire, England
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights, wish it could have been longer. As other reviewers have stated everything here is excellent and the staff are first class, Monica on reception deserves a special mention she was particularly helpful to us and always had a smile even late at night.

Stay here you will not regret it, but be aware you do need a car as it, along with all the other chain hotels is out of town and the closest restaurant for dinner is about 2 miles away. We will definitely stay at this HIE if we are in the area again.

Room Tip: I think they are probably all good but away from the road is quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lindale, Texas
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was in town for business and ended up staying here for a few nights. Holiday Inn Express tends to range in quality in my opinion but this is one of the good ones. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. My mattress was absolutely the best. Breakfast was... well its not cooked to order but it was warm and palatable. If I ever come back this is where I will stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Van, Texas
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel and it is one of the best ever!! The staff is very friendly and helpfull. But I am writing this review for another reason. I was 2 hours from my office the other day and needed to print a work order to complete a job. I walked in and ask the lady at the front desk for a huge favor. She ask me if I was a priority club member and I said I was and showed her my priority card. She never ask another question, just handed me a key card to the business center and said "help yourself to the business center and print whatever you need." Not only did it save me 4 hours of driving, I would not have been able to complete the order that day. I love to stay at Holiday Inn Express and this is just one of the reasons why. Thank you so much for helping make my appointment on time and I will be staying with you all again. Your the best!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel for business to Carthage often, and first thing on my checklist is to book a room in this hotel. The staff is fantastic, especially Laura, whose customer service is incredible. She is very pleasant, sharp and makes sure that your stay is pleasant. If you have any issues, she gets them taken care of quickly.
The rooms are spacious, clean and well tended to. I would recommend anyone visiting or passing through Carthage to check this hotel first.

Room Tip: Ask Laura for a room away from the loop. It is quieter. Try the top floor first so you don't h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank VJ K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carthage
Comfort Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Marshall
Super 8 Carthage TX
Super 8 Carthage TX
#4 of 7 in Carthage

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage? Share your experiences!