“Great place to stay in Carthage, TX”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carthage
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Very nice, clean. Friendly staff. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Very good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ben_Nacogdoches_TX

Reviewed September 22, 2011

We got here late at night and were exhausted. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was clean. It was also busy, which was a good sign. The desk manager was super nice. She explained everything we needed to know and asked if we needed the password for the internet. Got our AAA discount and price was decent for all they offered.

We ended up at the end of a hallway in a nice room. We inspected it carefully for bugs and such but found it to be pretty clean. I did find one bug crawling on the floor but it was something small and typical.

Bathroom was clean, good towels and little amenities. TV was nice, there was complimentary water in the fridge, beds were nice and firm.

Breakfast was awesome. We went down pretty early and there wasn't anyone else there so we could take our time. They had a large selection and everything was good. Although we didn't use it, I was pleased to see a laundry room for guests. That's a nice service.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly D
Reviewed July 4, 2011

My family & I came down in January 2011 for my grandmother funeral. We needed a place to stay for about 3 days. After calling around to different hotels and finding out all of the hotels were full due to the construction workers stays in the hotels on the weekends. We all started to become discouraged about finding a hotel to stay at. We finally called Holiday Inn Express. We explained our situation that we needed some rooms right away & we may need to see if we can check-in early to shower and get to our grandmother funeral since we would be arriving that same day. My father & niece was flying in from Las Vegas that morning and the rest of the family was coming from Austin Texas. The hotel clerk was very nice and explained she would have to ask her manager. She placed me on hold. And when she returned she stated it would not be a problem. And she assured me that the rooms would be clean and ready when we got there. And YES the rooms were VERY Clean. The manager & staff were AWESOME. They greeted us when we check in and as we came back and forth during our stay and when we left. From the fantastic room service to the complementary breakfast and great coffee. It made our sad occasion bearable because of the awesome staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is visiting this area who likes respect, hospitality, and great service as well as awesome customer service this is the hotel to be at.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank greatstays6
Danny S, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Carthage, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2011

Hello,

We want to thank you for the great TripAdvisor review!

I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother but I'm happy that we made your few days in Carthage comfortable.

Please stop by if you are ever in the area as we would love to have you again!

Reviewed May 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel twice during April on trips to and from Houston. Friendly desk clerk, clean, feels secure, good bed and linens. I was a little put off when we first entered the room because the door and entryway into the room have a bit of an industrial, 1970s-hotel feeling ... but once you get inside the room, the decor is pleasant and everything is in very good condition and clean. We had a bit of highway noise, but the white-noise from the air conditioner was sufficient for us to sleep well. So this a good choice if you need to stay in the Carthage area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ArkansasOrchid

Hello,

We want to thank you for the great TripAdvisor review!

I'm happy you were comfortable in your room and ejoyed your stay. We would love to have you back on your next trip to Houston!

Reviewed September 8, 2010

I was traveling for a family reunion and really wanted a great night's sleep before the next day's reunion. This Hotel is the Cleanest HOTEL I have ever stayed at as normally I ONLY stay at Resorts. Michelle, the Manager at this Holiday Inn is the MOST Professional and Most Helpful Person I have had the pleasure of meeting in this Industry. Linda and Rodger are also the BEST. They were so pleasant and helpful for my traveling thru a town I knew nothing about. You will see why this Particular Hotel is Rated #1 in Texas and #9 in the Nation when you arrive. It has Fantatsic Rooms, a Great Full Breakfast, Business Center, Excellent Fitness Equipment in the Fitness area and the Pool is so very clean. If you are going towards Carthage for a Family Reunuion or just passing thru definitely book your next room here and you cannot go wrong, I Promise!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
5  Thank ResortsAllTheWay

Hello,

We wanted to thank you for a great TripAdvisor review! Michelle prides herself on excellent customer service which you were able to experience! I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and we would love to have you back if your next reunion is in the Carthage area!

Reviewed January 15, 2010

Man, I wish I could take this room with me to Europe. Large and comfortable king bed, LCD flat panel TV. Large, but not oversized bathroom and even a sitting area. Oh, it als had a microwave and mini-fridge/freezer.

I only stayed one night, but would definately stay there again. Staff was friendly and helpful. I needed to get a fork late at night to finish some leftovers and asked the guy at the front desk for one. I would have been happy if he would have pointed to the drawer at the breakfast area and said "second drawer on the right". But, get came from around the desk, walked me to the area, opened the drawere and let me pick up a fork. I say all this because the "art" of customer service seems to be in decline all over the world. Again, I would have been just fine if he just told me where they were, but this is the attention to detail that can make someone want to return to your brand in the future.

Nice pool area, but it was 30 degrees out site so no takers as I could see. They also had a business area with a printer, computer and phone.

Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn Express. Nothing gourmet, but will fill you up and had a basic variety (sausage, egg omelet with cheese, biscuits and gravy, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and an assortment of juices). Good job in being consistent throughout the brand...I'd like to know what I'm getting, even if it's not 4 star.

Oh, it's a dry county, folks...byob :-)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank dsysana

Hello,

We wanted to thank you for the great TripAdvisor review!

We pride ourselves with great customer service which you were able to experience with the fork request! We would love to have you back on your next trip from Europe!

Reviewed November 30, 2009

The front desk staff was very friendly. The room was nice and clean. The breakfast area was nicely maintained. The area got a little busy in the morning with oil field workers, but that was actually good because it would have seemed a little too lonely & quiet if they hadn't been there. I'd stay here again on my next trip through Carthage.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Hello,

We want to thank you for the great TripAdvisor review! I'm happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and felt comfortable with our oilfield guests! This is their home away from home when they are out for weeks working hard.

We would love to have you back the next time you're in the area!