“The best Italian in 10 years”

Amici Signature Italian
Ranked #13 of 339 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chef Bartolino Cocuzza infuses conventional Italian cuisine with a French sensibility to create a truly unique dining experience. In addition to the traditional Italian dishes, Chef Bartolino offers innovative and ambitious daily specials such as Grilled Elk or Roast Duck. The eclectic menu and the casual, yet elegant atmosphere have kept the regulars coming back to Amici since 1991.
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stopped today for lunch with my bride after a few medical appointments. I wish we had eaten here 10 years ago when we moved to Carrollton. The lunch was spectacular (meatloaf) and the service was awesome. It is nice to eat in a place where the servers are all happy and help each other out. This is one of two restaurants in Carrollton with a Chef and not the crowds of Addison.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you want your Italian food prepared with passion, creativity and authenticity, then this is the place for you. The chef/owner of this quaint Italian restaurant puts his heart and soul into the food and it shows. For appetizers we ordered the Roast Poblano and Grilled Scallops. The poblano was not too spicy but filled with wonderful flavor and was nice and light for an appetizer. The grilled scallops were very good as well. Make sure you like garlic if you order these but they were another perfectly light starter. For a salad, I had the Orange Salad which was simple and delicious. I enjoyed it so much, I already made a similar salad at home for dinner. I ordered the Venison which was spectacular, the chef insists it be rare and I am so glad I went with his "suggestion". It was probably the best venison I have had. My husband had the Short Ribs. The flavor of the gravy on the polenta was my favorite thing I ate all evening. The ribs were appropriately fatty, just enough to add flavor but not too much to ruin the dish. We were too full for dessert after all this! The service is wonderful as well as the atmosphere. Make sure you get reservations!

1  Thank ftworth11
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Amici is one of the best restaurants in the Dallas area. All the dishes are excellent and the service is the best. Chef Bartolino prepares some of the best Italian food you will experience in the Dallas area and his fish and wild game dishes are hands down the best around. The service is always top notch. The "new" Amici may be different in appearance, but if you want to have a great meal where there is a real chef in the kitchen, Amici is the place to go.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Eat Lunch with friends. Great Atmosphere.
Thanked the Chef personally.
The best Grilled Chicken I eat!!
We eat six different SANDWICHES and ENTREES and all of us
Agreed It was EXCELLENT!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Not the same as it was before the fire but still an excellent place for a very good Italian dinner. The chef-owner is always present and the wait staff long term. They now have a bar and wine service where previously it was bring BYO. A little louder now and modern but the same food experience!