“Yummy!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Island Spot
Ranked #12 of 309 Restaurants in Carrollton
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Description: Island life is far superior to regular life partly because of the laid-back attitudes, and partly because of fried plantain. Leave your crazy schedule at home and sit back to enjoy a Jamaican-inspired meal at The Island Spot, a delightful lunch or dinner destination serving up exotically spiced tropical treats. The enticing menu includes vacation staples such as Jerk Chicken (served with two sides), Signature BBQ Ribs, succulent Curry Shrimp, and so much more. Take a break from ho-hum winter blues and spice up your lunch or dinner at this oasis in the city.
Dallas, Texas
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Delicious rum punches, ribs and stewed chicken! Here for a late lunch and very reasonably priced. Definitely worth a visit and will most definitely return!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank springaja

“Authentic caribbean food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

This is the first Caribbean ive been to in the U.S that that tasted like food from home in Jamaica! The food was well prepared and hot, loved the guava juice. The only thing that I didnt like was that we had to change our order twice bc they didnt have the food we wanted and the truck wasnt coming until the weekend, what we ordered was sooooooooo good I will definitely be back!

Denton, Texas
“A touch of the Caribbean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I was introduced to this place through a Groupon purchase. My wife and I dined here on the evening of 11/2/12. We arrived at about 6:00pm and the place was pretty empty but by 8:00pm, it had gotten quite full..I had the steamed snapper which is cooked to order. As a result, be ready to wait. No problem..We had a few cocktails and enjoyed the music. The time actually went by pretty quickly though. I have to say that this was the best fish I have ever tasted in my life. When the gentleman brought it to the table, my eyes were as big as saucers..It was huge! People at all the tables around me marveled at it when it was set down on the table. I went right to work and enjoyed every bit of it..My wife had the jerk chicken and said it was good as well..I didn't taste hers because I was too busy with mine. The service was very friendly and we enjoyed our time here. We will go back. I purchased another Groupon the next day. Nice place!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Captank
carrollton
“Great Caribbean Escape in north Dallas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

Went here with my wife, it is a wonderful little gem that is not fully known in most circles. My wife had the jerk chicken and I had the oxtails and both were off the chain! I would suggest trying the mango juice that they have, since it is BYOB I put a nice bottle of merlot with it and we were off to the races :-)

• Visited December 2011
Dallas, TX
“Good Caribbean Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

I purchased a Groupon for this place over a month ago and finally made it there. My husband and I went around 3pm on a Saturday afternoon. There were not many people there. It's a fairly small place with music playing. We were seated & greeted immediately. Prices on menu were very reasonable between $7-$15 for entrees.

We ordered the Mango Jerk Shrimp for an appetizer. I have to say that the shrimp were good but small & overpriced at $8 for 10 small shrimp. I ordered the Jerk Chicken ($8) & my husband got the Fish Fillet ($12). Both were very good and plenty of food! We had their tropical punch to drink which was very tasty - you get 2 free refills.

I would go back again if I was in the area but would not make a special trip to go back.