“First time stay in Carrizo Springs”

Best Western Plus Carrizo Springs Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Carrizo Springs Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Carrizo Springs
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The best western is a brand new hotel, but it is apparent they only cater to the oilfield customers. Not impressed with front desk staff customer service skills. No warm welcome feeling. Felt insecure and it didn't help that when I checked in there were several other people there and the front desk staff hangs over the key and verbally calls out my room number for everyone to hear. Usually, at other hotels they simply point to it on the card envelope. Just didn't feel safe there.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Shaunak P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carrizo Springs Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you for the feedback.

We do cater to all guests and are in the process of making significant changes to insure all of our guests get perfect service.

You are correct in that staff should not be mentioning room numbers out loud; I have instructed that staff not mention the room number and I will continue to stress it.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

This was the most over priced, lowest value motel that I have ever stayed at in the USA, Mexico and Europe. A one year old motel with soiled furniture. The check in and check out experiences were very poor, as if the staff just did not care. This is an old, run down oil patch area, but the motel cost was equivalent to an exotic resort area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am truly sorry your stay went so badly.

Although I wish we had received a better review, it does help to get information like this so that we can improve.

We are just one and half years old therefore not old, however, I assure you that I take your comments seriously and we will take a strong look at the issues to get things better cleaned up.

Our staff is very new but since your stay they have all gone through significant training and they will are doing a much better job with guest service and attentiveness.

I hope you would consider staying with us again so we can prove that we are a great hotel.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

New, nice and clean and the staff is attentive. First off, my room was painted mint green (2nd floor). Other annoyances: Never did find the remote to the TV. The bedspread is really thin; easy to wash I suppose but not so warm... The next item is hard to explain: there is a light fixture on the ceiling directly above the bed. For whatever reason, there is a soft white light that continuously flashes, almost like a slow strobe effect. This is a pricey hotel for a Best Western. On the upside, the breakfast was good. Lots of hot/cold choices.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David H
Shaunak P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carrizo Springs Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We appreciate your feedback regarding the light issue. We will look into that immediately.

Thank you for the positive response on the breakfast...we have been looking for a good mix and a good cook/attendant and I think we've found her!

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The rooms are very nice, beds are comfortable and the staff is nice. The breakfast could use a change now and then. The sausage is usually over cooked and charizo is very greasy. It is almost the same every morning....okay, but could be better. Overall, it is a nice place to stay in a small town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We will absolutely work on varying our breakfast...variety is GOOD!

Thank you again and we hope to see you again so you can see our changes.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent Hotel Rating!! Nice large room, very comfortable bed, hot shower with great water pressure. Staff very helpful and made you feel welcome. My experience was one I would recommend to someone else. Was shocked with price but felt it was worth it especially after the unbelievable home made tasting breakfast. The lady who prepared it should win an award. I left feeling like a well deserved pampered mother!!

Room Tip: coffee in room taste funny get from kitchen area. think its just because of water
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Our breakfast attendant does a great job making our breakfast (trust me I personally know!)

It is great to hear we took care of you so well.

Thank you for the kind review and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

VERY NICE MOTEL. I stay in motels every week and this one was tops. I stayed on the first floor and it was quiet. I liked the fact that it is a non-smoking motel. I will stay again and again at his motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Shaunak P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Carrizo Springs Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Thank you so much for the review!

We have been striving to do our absolute best and it truly is great to hear a positive comment from our guests. Thank you so much for the kind words.

We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The hotel itself is nice. The near $200 per night room is on the high end of what you would expect for a small town hotel. Bianca was fabulous and helped made our stay as comfortable as possible.
Jely

Room Tip: The entire hotel is really quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the review!

Bianca is our newest staff member and she is doing a fantastic job!

I will be passing this on to her and I KNOW it will brighten her day.

We look forward to your next visit!