“Lovely Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canyon Lake
Biscuit Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Canyon Lake B&B and Inns
Cibolo, Texas
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had a wonderful time here. It was difficult selecting a room beforehand, but we decided that the difference in price between the rooms reflect amenities that matter, and I think that is generally true. We chose the Captain’s Bay suite, and were not disappointed. The large balcony is screened quite well with tea rose bushes and a thick fence separating it from the Highland suite, making it pretty-private. The suite is spacious, and the location in the house (a corner) is rather secluded: situated above the kitchen, so hints of the aroma from breakfast preparations welcomes the day. The bathroom is large. The TV in the room is small; linked to Netflix and other channels, (not a big deal to us.)
The breakfasts were fabulous! We were alone the first day of our stay, and Pattie cooked our breakfast from the Biscuit Hill gourmet cookbook. We sat at the little table in the kitchen nook and talked with her while we ate. She had great advice about activities and shops in the area. The next morning it was a full house, and Diane and Dean were thoughtful about seating arrangements—putting the couples who are most alike near each other. I am not a talkative person, but really enjoyed socializing with the other guests. Diane and Dean greeted us by name each time we saw them—and had great answers to our questions. They really love their home and being hosts—and it shows in everything that they do. The breakfast with everyone was delicious, with a variety of foods to choose from, buffet-style. They encouraged us to eat as much as we wanted, with plenty left-over.
The two homes are situated on two acres. Other than the extensive decks around both homes, the pretty gardens, the alpaca pen, and parking areas (an assigned parking space for each room,) the rest is wooded naturally. The deer come for handouts in the mornings. I couldn’t get them to eat from my hand, and they were a bit skittish, but it was fun to see them at close range.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cary C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2014

With 3 children in their mid to late teens, family vacations are becoming increasingly difficult to plan. When they were younger, we visited several countryside B & B's and dude ranches and they enjoyed themselves so we decided to try again the weekend after New Year. By the time we arrived, it was close to dusk and overcast. The outside of the house is rustic and the garden stark like most of the Texas Hill Country in winter. But once inside, the house is warm and inviting. We rented 3 rooms and each of the rooms were uniquely and tastefully decorated adopting different themes. The linens were excellent (we want to buy some for ourselves!) and the collection of family photo albums made the place personal. After a good night's rest, we woke to the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the sounds of activity from the kitchen. We met our hosts Dean and Diane as they put the finishing touches to an incredible breakfast. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed 3 breakfasts, each different, delicious, and using family recipes Diane has perfected over the years. We bought her cookbook that has all of these recipes and have tried them at home with some success. We used Biscuit Hill as a base for day trips to Canyon Lake and Gruene, a quaint town with a classic country music hall. Dean and Diane reminded us that we were outside city limits so if we wanted to shoot fireworks from their property, that would be fine. We hadn't done this ever with the kids so bought an assortment of fireworks, set up in the evening by a fire pit which we lit, and had a blast, literally! Biscuit Hill has a collection of cats and Llamas and we enjoyed feeding them after breakfast with Dean. Diane told my son of a plant with a flowering stem that could be polished into a fine walking stick. He's done just that and the hand smoothed staff shall serve as a wonderful reminder of a memorable trip with our 3 almost grown kids.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MEKW1
Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Stayed here a while back and just getting around to review. My husband and I stayed here for a wknd getaway. I loved the house the room we stayed in (Lone Star) and the grounds. It was all very clean and the breakfast was delicious. I even bought the cookbook and still use it today. Very relaxing and highly recommend

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hewillia
Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I had never been to a B&B before and wanted to try it out. At BIscuit Hill the rooms and house were immaculate, everything was very clean. The breakfasts were delicious, very filling and the portions were more than enough. The Innkeepers were very accommodating and nice. One staff member, I wish I could remember her name, was also so sweet and nice. I accidentally left my car lights on all night and she quickly offered to help without any hesitation. The only thing that I will say is that from the website I thought the room would be bigger and the jacuzzi tub would be bigger as well. The location of the B&B is in the hill country and it is beautiful, there are some really nice restaurants not too far, shops, and a museum, it is all really nice. Overall, the place is great, the staff was great and I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Biscuit Hill for our anniversary last weekend. We've never been to a B&B before, and this place was absolutely amazing! When we arrived Dean and Diane greeted us warmly and quickly got us squared away. Dean also gave us his phone number and said to call anytime if we had questions or concerns. Later that evening we wanted to use the firepit but figured we better ask about any burn bans. I gave Dean a quick call and he was very nice answering our questions.
--BED--
We stayed in the Creekside suite which was the first floor of a 2-story cabin-type home separated I guess about a couple hundred feet from the main house. When we got to our suite we were blown away. You enter into a small beautifully furnished living room. They even have an electric fireplace and a large collection of DVDs in the back corner. The bathroom was well stocked with towels and toiletries, and had a huge walk-in shower. The bedroom was wonderful with a very comfy king-size bed and warm, plush robes and slippers in the closet. The kitchenette had a full-size fridge, microwave, single-serve coffee machine, and plenty of dishes, flatware, and glasses. But by far, our favorite part was outside the back door: a totally private hot tub and outdoor shower in a very large, completely enclosed private patio. It was awesome! Oh, and we also had a private balcony upstairs that had a wonderful view of the lake.
In the room they had a binder with all the info about Biscuit Hill, as well as a list of restaurants with descriptions and quite a few menus and pamplets. It was all very helpful and I enjoyed reading about the alpacas they have there on the property.
--BREAKFAST--
Breakfast is served promptly at 9:30 in the morning. All of the guests gather at a large dining room table and the breakfast is served buffet style. The guest comment earlier about the lack of food at the breakfast really baffles me. There were 10-12 guests on both Saturday and Sunday and everyone had huge plates of food, and lots of variety. Several went back for seconds (including my husband) and they still came back with plenty. And my husband said everything was absolutely delicious. Unfortunately I have a stomach condition that does not allow me to eat most foods (although my mouth was watering from the smell and I did steal a little bite from my husband's plate a couple times, and it was always delicious). Diane was more than happy to accomodate my dietary needs, I just let her know ahead of time. And on Monday morning, since there were only 3 of us left, we sat at the table in the kitchen and Diane made a huge plate of food for my husband, and of course whatever I needed. I stole a bite of my husband's banana white chocolate chip pancakes and oh my goodness they were soooo good!
--ANIMALS--
After breakfast Dean offers the guests a chance to feed their 3 alpacas: Bean, Nouget and Choco. While we were all standing around taking turns, Dean taught us all about them. I am allergic to all types of wool so didn't want to touch them, but Dean informed me their wool is hypo-allergenic, so I was safe to touch them. And he was right, I had no allergic reaction. It was so cool since most barn animals I can't get near.
My husband was enamored with the deer on the property. They just stood near the main entrance waiting to be fed the deer pellets that Dean and Diane supply.
Their cat Pepper was so sweet. She would just follow us around when we would walk in the garden areas and loved being petted.
--SUMMARY--
Our stay at Biscuit Hill was fantastic! Dean and Diane were very accomodating, our suite was cozy and comfy, the property was beautiful and the breakfasts were large and delicious. We didn't want to leave and we can't wait to come back!
--Jessica :o)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank J_Cobbler
Biscuithill, Owner at Biscuit Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review. We are so happy that we were a part of making your stay a pleasant one. We do look forward to your next visit.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We had three couples book for the first weekend in May. All three of the guys are big fellas... not overweight, but 6'. Our days were pretty active and our biggest complaint was the lack of sufficient food! The food that was prepared was very good, but rationed out. One morning each of us got four slices (about 1/8" thick) of fried potato. Then it was GONE. Another morning, they only offered a "gourmet" dish. It was a dish you love or hate. I loved it so I was fine. Others hated it and there was no other option! Not even scrambled eggs. One of our crew asked if she could have a piece of plain toast and a single egg, and they said no at first! Acted like it was a huge waste and inconvenience. Also they hovered over us the entire time while eating... eager to get us to finish so they could wrap up their day. The rooms were nice, and the deer were so much fun. But the point of a bed and breakfast, is in part the breakfast!! We had to stop for more food each day. On Sunday, one couple left early and did not tell the owners on purpose so there would be enough food. Thank goodness! Because the food was GONE, if the other couple had been there, they would have been short food again. We will not return here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lynda P
I am glad that the guests did enjoy the food if not the amount offered. We try our best to prepare meals that will satisfy most guests, and then some. We regret that the men in the group did not get their fill. We do not usually have plain bread on site since we are "Biscuit Hill" and usually serve biscuits from our own recipes with our not sweet based meals. If the guest asked for toast, we would not necessarily have the bread for it on hand, but if a guests requests it at the time of booking or gives us a chance to go and buy it for their next meal, we surly will do that for them, and have done so in the past. I worked in food service for many years before opening the B&B, so usually I have an idea about portion sizes. In this case I apparently missed the mark. Since nothing was said to us, I was unable to correct the issue for them during their stay. This review is the 1st I am hearing of the problem. We just wish we could have know about it during their stay, so we could better have met their needs.
Kemah, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I chose this place while planning our last minute weekend getaway. It was a random choice off of bedandbreakfast.com, and I am extremely pleased with our choice! We love the hill country and Biscuit Hill perfectly displayed its beauty. When we arrived, we were greeted by Dean. He gave us a tour of the place, showed us the deer and the alpacas. He was very helpful and thorough with his explanations. He and his wife offered to help plan our stay if we needed any help which was very kind of them. We stayed in the Lone Star Mini Suite which offered a private deck and a private hot tub. Our deck overlooked the feeding area for the deer and it had a view of Canyon Lake in the near distance. We enjoyed watching the sun come up over the lake in the mornings. Our room also included a huge comfy bed, a big walk in shower and a cozy atmosphere. The breakfast was outstanding both mornings we were there. The first morning, Diane made southwest breakfast casserole, peach dumplings, fruit salad with honey yogurt topping and homemade chili and cheddar biscuits. I could have eaten 10 of the biscuits by themselves, they were to die for! Yum! The second day, Diane prepared a garden breakfast casserole, smoked sausage, fruit salad with honey yogurt topping, and homemade biscuits with an assortment of jellies. She also had Easter cupcakes for us to take on the road! The outside gardens at the B&B are very relaxing. They really make the place comfortable and inviting. The only "complaint" we had was the people above our room were very heavy walkers and they were up at least 3-4 times per night going to the bathroom. But other than that, no complaints! We truly enjoyed our stay and will be back! We also recommended this place to both of our families!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
#2 of 6 in Canyon Lake
Still Water Ranch Condominiums
Still Water Ranch Condominiums
#8 of 14 in Canyon Lake

Been to Biscuit Hill Bed & Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!