We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canyon Lake
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hill Country
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyon Lake
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This place is safe and clean and children can run around without too much worry. This place is also set up to bleed money out of you. Before you go, you need to talk to your kids and explain to them that everything here out of the ordinary costs something and they need to explore the camp a bit instead of wanting the "flashy" things set up to make more money for the park. The owner has to be making a killing on this place, and charging a little to cover costs on things to do in the park is ok, but sometimes it gets over the top. Small example...charging $3 for some pancakes for a family of six puts the cost near $20. A box of pancake mix is less than $2. Why do you need to make money on this? I think charging a dollar would cover costs and would be a small way of showing that the park is truely for families and not just a way to gouge them out of every dollar they bring with them. Don't even get me started on the store (sell packs of water instead of making them singles and charging a dollar a piece...you will make more in the long run.....these are things families want and need while there).

There are a lot of rules and a lot of "older" people (Rangers....not sure where they come from or who they are...but they are everywhere) that are there to make sure you follow them. Everyone was really nice though and the older folks can be grumpy, but I really did not see it from this group.

I have mixed feelings about this park because it is pretty nice, but I hate when prices are set to obviously take advantage of people. My advice is to take extra water, snacks, etc, because you will pay throught the nose at this place. Bring extra activities for the children because of the same reason. I may not go back again because in this current economic climate, this place really is not a bargain for what entertainment value we got out of it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 13, 2012

The property was great, the staff was not. Several of the "rangers" were very rude to adults and children. My daughter went to the all you can eat pancake breakfast and asked what time it was over, only to be told "Can't you read kid?"...Will not return.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank kpo74
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Well run, busy place! Very kid friendly--playground, family movies at night, candy bar bingo, game room. several pools--one heated. The children (ages 8, 5, and 2) enjoyed craft time every day, meeting Yogi, the daily hayride. There was even a night hayride where you furnish your own glow sticks. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Didn't stay in cabins; we had our RV
1  Thank NancyS2
Reviewed July 25, 2012

There were so many fun activities! We stayed busy for two days and relaxed on the third. We went July 20-23 for the Luau themed weekend. We enjoyed the Hey Hey rides, scavenger hunt, candy bar bingo (my favorite) and made crafts. The two pools, indoor and outdoor, we're nice. Lots of chlorine in the pools, but then again there are lots of kids swimming that might pee, so I understand. We stayed in our RV, sites 27 and 28. The sites were really small, we barely fit the slide out between the trees. The wifi is hit or miss. Sometimes it would work and then other times it wouldn't. You just have to tell the Rangers Station to reset it. The cable was messed up, but we didn't care too much, because we barely watched tv, because we were so busy!
Tip: if you want to get away and chill out, there is a beach on Canyon Lake about 6 miles away. Turn left coming out of Jellystone and turn left at 2nd blinking light. $6 per car, no sand, no jellyfish, no sharks, no saltwater, but there are small pebbles so wear water shoes.
Enjoy! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Scottslady
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed at the Jellystone Hill Country the entire week of July 4th. This was our first stay at this particular Jellystone and I must say it was a pleasant one.

The Staff, I could not say how friendly and helpful the staff is. We were always greeted with a Hello :) from everyone. They were even nice enough to give me a ride into the closest town about 5 miles away to pick up my truck from a mechanic. Truly great people!!!! One minor annoyance was when we arrived one of the staff escorted us to our RV site and assisted us in backing in. I call this an annoyance, because we have a rather large Travel Trailer, 32' and I like to walk around and get the layout of the site I am backing into just so I know where everything is and where I want the Travel Trailer positioned and any obstacles that are in my way. He directed me in rather quickly. It's just my personal preference and I know a lot of other campgrounds do the same thing, but I just rather get backed into the site myself with my wife spotting me. I do not consider this a flaw of the campground at all, I stress that!! Other than that, ALL of the staff were amazing :)

As with all Jellystones, there are tons of activities for the kids. My daughter is 2 years old and she loves these campgrounds. There are crafts, candy bar bingo, the pools/splash areas, playground, volleyball, hiking trails, lazer tag and on and on. The kids will never be bored for sure.

Though we didn't go tubing this time because my daughter is still too young, we will in the future, the "Horsehoe" in the Guadalupe River is only a couple of miles away and there are tube companies that will pick you up right at the campground. That is definetely on our to do list. New Braunfels and Greune, TX are only about 20-30 minutes away.

One plus to this park as opposed the Lone Star Yogi in Waller, TX (please see my review) is no golf cart rentals!! I know I am particular about this, but golf carts constantly zooming around the parks gets old. Neither of these parks are that big that walking can't get you there. I hope they never start renting them here. All in all, we had a great stay, we even planned on leaving on Sat, but stayed an extra night :) and will definetely go back.

3  Thank JennRobb
Reviewed July 9, 2012

After reading previous reviews, I was reluctant to try this place out. I am so glad that I threw caution to the wind. Expecting to have some kind of confrontation with rude staff, I was pleasantly greated to the Parks gate by a Ranger (that's what they call the staff) who gleefully told us that he was expecting us and glad we were had arrived. Honestly, from the moment I picked up the phone to make reservations, to this pleasant greeting until we departure 3 days later, we were always pleasantly greeted and made to feel welcomed and at ease-like family. ALL of Rangers were always pleasant, accomodating and/ or informative and helpful. I can not stress this enough, because having heard about rude Rangers really made me second guess coming here.

(my apologies for any typos)
As previously mentioned, I did find the campsite (#406-with h20 and electricity) to be on the small side. It was nicely shaded. We manged the tight quarters by rearranging the picnic table and firepit. After doing this we were able to fit our 3 room tent, a screen tent and our 2 cars(no parking on the blacktop) on the site (see posted picuture). It was managable, so I really won't complain about that.

The site was in a great location, near the shower/rest/comfort house. Which was a great convenience, having 2 little ones. It was ALWAYS clean. Several times a day a ranger would came by and make sure it was clean. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe it was closed at 2pm for thorough cleaning. Outside the comfort house was an outdoor double kitchen sink (another nice convenience that I did not expect, but completly utilized).

We visited the park during 4th of July weekend. We stayed for 3 nights We arrived about 8pm Thursday evening (Note: it's a lot easier to set up camp while you still have day light...lol (duh). I understand not many activities are planned during the week. You will find a game room at the resort, arts&crafts, eating contests, planned activies (like Sunday church service) take place. There are also arcade video games there.

You are given a list of planned activities when you enter the park. Kinda like when you go on a cruise. You can choose to participate in the activies, or just lounge around the pool. The activities are good clean wholesome fun. Most of the activities are free, such as the various "tractor "hay" rides (which are pet friendly-as long as you are securly holding your pet and no one objects), arts&crafts, Yogi's parade, etc. Some activities have fees laser tag is $7 per person (sign up early-this activity fills fast), the water balloon battle station is free to utilize but you will pay $5 for 100 small balloons if bought on premise (FRUGAL ALERT: bring your own balloons, or I'm sure they can be purchased cheaper than $5 at the Dollar General, which is a short drive from the Resort. Pedal Carts are $5 per person for a 30 minute ride. The Rangers where a great help in getting the correct cart size for my younger son. The gem mine was a great hit with my boys. I purchased a "gem" bag- that consisted of a bag with pretty rocks, bear claw, shark tooth, fools gold, etc hidden within dirt. Take the bag to the gem mine and see if you strike it rich (FRUGAL ALERT: The gem mine is free to use. The gem bags are purchased or you can make your own gem bag, before coming).

The resort has a pool area that consists of a toddlers wadding pool, a 3 foot kiddie pool and a 3rd (deeper) pool. There is also a hot tub at the pool area (that I never used). There is no lifeguard on duty so, swim at your own risk and always watch your kiddos while they play in the pool.

In addition to packing the kids swim trunks, don't forget their bikes/scooters. All the kids bring them and ride them. And you may want to purchase glow sticks prior to coming versus buying them on premise at the Country store (see picture). There was a evening Tractor/ "hay" ride and everyone wore held neon glow sticks. The Country store is a great convenience, but the do charge convenience store prices. There you will find anything you may have forgotten (ice, marshmellows and graham crackers, wood, towels, swim trunks etc), Slushies, souviners. There you can sign up for acitivities, rent the pedal carts, plan acitivities off of the resort (tubing, fishing, etc). Or you can have a seat in front of the store in on of the wooden chairs or rockers and watch the world go by.

With so much going on during the day, we all fell asleep without any issues. As mentioned in a previous review, towards the back of the resort you can hear traffic-ear plugs may be need. We brought them, but like I said there were not necessary. After 10pm there is an inforced quiet time.

Oh I forgot to mention the shaded playscape complete with slide, swings, sand dig, etc. There is a basketball court, horseshoes, sand volleyball, And an outdoor theater/pavilion. At the outdoor theater they play a kiddie movie some evenings- so bring your popcorn and favorite drink. Don't forget to try to see Yogi and one of the many appearances that he makes through the weekend. Try getting your day started right with Yogi, and say the pledge, as the flag is raised.

There was so much to do here. We loved this place. We will be back-without a doubt. Hope to see you there!!!!

The resort has campsites with H20 and electricity and without (they call this rustic campsites). RV sites are plentiful, There are also multiple lodging options available.

Small pets are accepted with prior notification and must be leashed and attended at all times.

4  Thank trippin5122
Reviewed June 26, 2012

So this past weekend I went on a camping/tubing trip with friends. We stayed at the Jellystone Hill Country Park Campground. It was very clean (especially the bathrooms), I was worried that our group may be too rowdy for the camp but we were on our best behavior. The tent areas seemed to have good shade most part of the days and the amenities I got to use (the hot tub) were nice. Their rules are reasonable (ie quiet time) and the staff seemed helpful and kind even when some big jerk with a red beard (me) parked where he wasn't supposed to when he left on the free shuttle to go toob the river(as the river is not right next to it).

Room Tip: If you are tent camping and do not like long trips to the showers/restrooms you may want to ask for...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
The Resort at Schlitterbahn
The Resort at Schlitterbahn
#1 of 33 in New Braunfels
JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & Spa

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Hill Country? Share your experiences!