“Good food”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Love the Margherita pizza. Have not had a bad meal there. Awesome bread, the garlic knots are wonderful. Very nice wine list also. Weekends are usually very busy, so I would advise reservations. We usually get take out after a day on the lake.

Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Kandi, takeout after a day on the lake sounds incredible. (We're jealous!) I'm happy to read that you enjoy our Margherita Pizza as well as our breads and wine. Our Manzo Portabella is another popular dish -- if you haven't already given it a try, I'd definitely recommend it!

You're right, our weekends can get pretty busy, so thanks for suggesting reservations to other reviewers. We appreciate the great feedback and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Gennaro's Trattoria

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We never expected an Italian restaurant hidden in the hill country to be so good. We were very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious and the wait staff was amazing.

1  Thank ElusiveCher
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Well, I'm certainly glad you found us! Our food is authentic to Naples, with recipes passed down through the family -- I'm happy to read that you enjoyed it. If you're in the area often, we'd love to have you back. Our outdoor dining patio is perfect for summer with its views of the beautiful Hill Country -- and it's pet friendly, too!

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This family owned Italian restaurant offers great menu selections to include Seafood. To start with the assortment of fresh baked bread with their signature garlic & oil was a delight. The service was excellent & friendly. Beautiful patio with amazing hill country views. We will definitely return with more friends & family,

1  Thank JJ W

JJ, thanks so much for the wonderful review! I'll definitely relay the message to my staff. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal as much as we enjoyed preparing and serving it. The bread and oil combo is a staple, but we change our menu semi-annually to keep a fresh variety.

Next time you're here, feel free to check out the bocce court! If you're bringing friends & family, you're sure to have a great time. (And you're right -- how can you beat that view?)

See you soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2014

busy place, so that's a good indicator on the restaurant itself, my advice is call ahead for reservations.
God Bless Texas

Thanks for the great rating, Bruce! I'm glad to read you enjoyed our restaurant in the beautiful Hill Country (go Texas!). We do get pretty busy, so thanks for giving other readers a heads up about reservations.

It'd be great to have you back. If you're feeling adventurous, give our red snapper a try (head, tail, & everything!). No matter what you order, though, don't miss our patio -- it's gorgeous this time of year.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. I called Gennaro's on Wed to make a reservation for 2 people for the evening of 25 April. I asked for 7 pm and they had nothing available at that time but they had 7:30 pm available. I told him that would be fine. We arrived a few minutes early and was told they didn't have our reservation. The young lady host kept checking but could not find our reservation. She went to talk to the lady behind the bar (I believe is maybe a part owner). I also went and talked to her. I told her we were celebrating our 50th Wedding and that there was no way we would have arrived there with no reservation. She only seemed interested in who I talked to when I called, which I did not know. She told me she was sorry and if we wanted to wait an hour or so maybe we could get a table. They did not try to fix their error or even try to fit 2 people in. We were very disappointed and left.

3  Thank Delores M
Gennaro D, Owner at Gennaro's Trattoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Congratulations on your 50th, Delores -- what a thing to celebrate! That should have been a memorable dinner, and it sounds like it was, but for all the wrong reasons.

It sounds like this was a case of miscommunication on our end with your reservation. Our service is typically friendly, efficient, and accommodating. It's not common for us to lose a reservation, and unfortunately, when it gets crowded, we do have nights when tables just aren't opening up fast enough. We don't want to rush other guests, but the the crowd shouldn't matter when reservations are made. I'm truly sorry that these mix-ups put a damper on your celebrations, but know that your feedback has not gone unnoticed. I'll follow up with the team to make sure we're all on the same page on how to best handle mix-ups like this should they happen in the future.

I'd love to have you again to show you the service we typically provide, and I hope you were at least able to enjoy the rest of your night.