“Tuscany in Texas Hill Country”

Gennaro's Trattoria
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated, Gennaro's Trattoria serves authentic Italian cuisine, originating from Naples, Italy, made from fresh ingredients. Gennaro's Trattoria's motto is "che mangia bene, vive bene" or, "who eats well, lives well." We invite you to enjoy and enrich your life by dining with us.
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I read all the positive reviews. They were spot on. Real Italian food at reasonable prices. Portions were generous and enough to take home. Bread was excellent!!

There are newer reviews for Gennaro's Trattoria

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were a large group (17) during the July 4th holiday. Calling ahead for a reservation we were told that they could seat us but it would be 9:30pm. We accepted but we would have loved an earlier time. Within about 2 hours they called us back and we were given 7:30pm. We wanted to arrive early because my brother thought that we could sit on the patio and have drinks so off we went arriving about 45-60 min. early. The patio was booked with diners so we went lower and sat on a picnic table and the rocks. They don't normally serve drinks down there (we were suppose to get our drinks inside at the bar) but they were so sweat, the hostess came and took our drink orders and they served us. Wow! So busy but the service was great, and if you have been visiting the Hill Country for the last 20 years during holidays, you know that service is sometimes rare. Everyone enjoyed Everything! We liked the room with the windows overlooking the View. Yes, I would recommend. I am headed back in 2 weeks.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We have eaten here 2 times in the last few weeks after missing out on it for a while. This place has THE BEST Italian food at ever so reasonable prices. We took the family and everybody raved about their entrees. The kid's cheese pizza was great. The veal chops were cooked to perfection and were wonderful. The eggplant parmesan and accompanying pasta was considered the best by our Italian daughter-in-law. And my rabbit plate was fabulous, and I have eaten a whole lot of rabbit in all kind of styles in my life. All of the ingredients are so fresh and the breads and pastas home made and so tasty. The service was perfect and professional but caring and personable. Okay, I'm out of adjectives to explain just how good this food is. We have vowed to eat here at least once a month from now on. I'd suggest you do the same.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

stopped in for lunch...oh my oh my. Darling restaurant (white table clothes and everything), nice patio for outside seating if the temps are not scorching. Views reminded me of Tuscany. Service was excellent.. then came the food. OUTSTANDING! Fresh, high quality, cooked perfectly and good sized servings. Nice wine list. Fabulous menu -- certainly pasta but also lamb, seafood, chicken and beef dishes. Better yet, the price will not break the bank.. not much higher than those "chain" Italian restaurants...and food/service/ambiance.. no comparison!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

During our last night at our stay at the Firefly Inn B&B, we got our food to go from Gennaro's. And it did not disappoint. Great Italian food, and awesome Bruschetta! It was late Saturday night and they had no problem getting our food out in 20 minutes. I can't wait to actually go here and eat!

1  Thank Ashley1413