“Canned veggies, poor service long wait”
Review of Granny D's

Granny D's
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Our waitress never apologized for our long wait (its a small place and we waited over an hour for our food) Plus they got my order wrong- I specifically ordered the chicken fried steak..the waitress pointed to the special (a pan fried smaller steak that came with brown gravy) so I said as long as I got the cream gravy on it..NOT the brown gravy.. Then, another waitress managed to spill drinks from another table all over my back and soaking my purse( hanging on the back of my chair) Opps...sorry. But no one helped me clean up the mess which soaked my phone as well.. My order came out wrong- and she had been told three times- once as she left=I don't want the brown gravy please! So I had another 30 minute wait..no excuses nor did anyone come refill our drinks.Canned veggies over cooked. Poor quality meat . My husband had the fried catfish special- the fish was flavorless and dry...but the coleslaw was good.

1  Thank ladytigress

Reviewed February 9, 2012

Your basic breakfast place with homemade goodness. We had good omelettes (I had sausage and my partner had ham...both very good). Nice touch was the friendly waitress' offer of homemade jams (absolutely delish!) and salsa. I would highly recommend this for a good breakfast place..sounds even better for a lunch/dinner venue too.

2  Thank toadsoup
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Granny D's is now located at 14312 Fm 306, Canyon Lake, TX 78133 in the building that formerly housed La Casa del Lago (owners retired and closed it).

Granny D's menu is huge with two pages of all kinds of breakfast selections and several more pages of home cooked lunch and dinner selections. We were torn between having breakfast at noon or ordering chicken fried steak. Went with breakfast - wow one of the best ever. Hubby ordered a caramel, apple, pecan pancake the size of a dinner plate. They had all sorts of pancake and/or waffle and/or french toast creations.

My hash browns were really tasty with absolutely farm-fresh eggs, and delicious pan sausage. Yep, I had a pancake on the side which was a meal on its own.

Everyone around us were eating something different - burgers, fried chicken, one of the many sandwiches to name a few.

Definitely a locals spot well worth a stop and we'll return often!

2  Thank scubamom
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Good choice of food and the portions are huge. I had a light meal option, it was still big, I couldn't finish it all. There was a good selection of cakes on display but we were too full to sample any.

1  Thank kestep03650
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We eat here at least once a week - breakfast or lunch usually. Favorite for locals and visitors alike. The menu has something for everyone from small children to the elderly, prices are good, the staff is there to make you comfortable and they do their best to do that. Don't expect fancy and don't expect highfalutin' food, but if you are hungry, stop and say "howdy".

1  Thank DtheDawg