“Maple-Glazed Pork Chop Bone NIRVANA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Silver Sage Grille

Silver Sage Grille
Ranked #5 of 62 Restaurants in Canyon Lake
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Silver Sage Grille gives you a comfortable dining experience, offering great service in a "casual-elegant" environment. Our menu is best described as American-Eclectic with Cajun and Texas inspired dishes. Fantastic Food. Great Service. Wonderful Ambience.
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Maple-Glazed Pork Chop Bone NIRVANA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

I just went a couple of days ago to visit my mother at Canyon Lake, Texas and we went to have supper at a restaurant that she said was quite good, but nothing prepared me for just how wonderful my dining experience was to be! The Silver Sage Grille is a beautiful restaurant and there was a very nice ambiance being created by a single guitarist / singer called "That Red Haired Lady", who played a very nice set of songs. My mother and I ordered from a very nice young man with a beard, who was a very good waiter, and I am so sorry to say I fail to get his name. I ordered the Maple-Glazed Pork Chop, which was a double bone-in grilled pork chop drizzled with a homemade maple glaze and served with sauteed vegetables and hilltop potatoes. When it arrived and I took my first bite I was absolutely overwhelmed by just HOW GREAT it was! Oh, my God! This place is a five star restaurant! I am not exaggerating when I tell you that this was one of the most delicious meals I have EVER had! I could say more, but just suffice it to say that this is a place to go out of your way to get to!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank RobertGrimes

Aurora, Illinois
“Hit the spot ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We came here to see the sunset and randy was our server. We sat in the captain seat which is the best view in the restaurant. A nice feature but the tree line hides the lakes water.

Randy did a great job (friendly and playfully sarcastic) as a server with some free banana pudding. The best part of the experience was the fish I had the ponchartrain and my wife had the tequila shrimp pasta. So tasty but could of come with more vegetables or an include side. Overall great experience!

1 Thank nate G
California
“No Cal girl finds happiness in vast wasteland of Spring Branch dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Ok, no offense, it's just a joke. But seriously, there is NOT a lot of good food around here, and it's even harder to get a decent glass of wine. Often there is not ONE fresh vegetable on an entire menu aside from iceberg lettuce and orange tomatoes, and sometimes not even that. I came across SSG on my own and had to drag my friends in Spring Branch there, and now of course they love it and are completely embarrassed after swearing there was nothing better than the local old-school Italian places. It's a nice room, with windows, cloth napkins, grownup-size wine glasses, a bucket for our bottle of white! - professional friendly service, and - wait for it - really good food. So far I've had the Wedge Salad, which was all fresh and delicious ingredients, and I didn't ask but the thick, chunky blue cheese dressing certainly looked and tasted homemade. Lightly battered and fried asparagus topped with fresh crab meat was like a cool breeze in hell next to the the gloppy way most food is prepared between SAT and AUS. Pecan crusted chicken was delicious for a heartier appetitive, and my fish tacos were up there with the best I've had- I could taste every fresh ingredient.
A hip-looking bar and pleasant patio provide eating alternatives, and I plan to take advantage of all of them and never have to eat at one of the hideous local chain restaurants again when I visit here. Sorry if I sound like a snob. I am one. I hope the Silver Sage Grille gets the business and support it deserves and is still here when I come back in a few months!

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank UpgradeQueen
Fort Worth, Texas
“WOW. Blown away by how good this place was. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Do not miss the artichoke and jalapeño dip with the oil drizzled bread. Hot and spicy.

The fish, pasta, homemade salad dressing rocked. I wish we had a restaurant like this back home. The food was so fresh and full of flavor and only in the $10-$20 per entree price range.

It is a small restaurant in a strip mall but don't judge a book by its cover. It is very pretty inside, has nice patio dining too, and a full wine and beer selection. Would make a great date night type restaurant too.

2 Thank jennyrebekah
Fort Worth, Texas
“Incredible food and excellent experience and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Staying in Canyon over the Valentine's weekend the husband I decided to try this restaurant based on the TripAdvisor reviews since we are not familiar with the local establishments. Wow, we were not disappointed. In fact, we googled the bottle of Argentinian Malbec, Portillo, because it was so delicious and a great price $25 / bottle, and I'm pretty sure we are going back there tomorrow night to eat since it was so good.

Because it was Valentine's weekend they required reservations, but were happy to provide full service at the bar. They had a gentleman playing acoustic guitar and singing a great selection of songs. We split the artichoke and jalapeño appetizer. Delicious! The chili balsamic vinaigrette dressing on my salad was tasty. My husband's blackened Mahi Mahi and my chicken piccata (both in the $15 range) were excellent. We can't wait to go back and try the bread pudding. Highly recommend this place.

Visited February 2014