“Great Vacation with our Grandkids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canyon Lake
AAA Lazy R & R Cove
Reviewed August 26, 2010

If you are looking for a rustic and quite place to just kick back and enjoy spending time with your family, do a little fishing and get away from the hassles of work this is the place for you. The grandkids loved seeing all the deer and playing on the playground right outside our cabin. Our grandson left his rubber snake that he bought at the Snake Farm on the playground and the camp personnel packaged it up and mailed it to us after we got home. That was so great of them to do that. We will for sure take another vacation at this lovely place.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We stayed 2 nights at the AAA LAZY R & R COVE Lodge (mermaid cove) it was awesome nice clean lodge plenty of space air condition showers,great views. kids had fun plenty of room to walk run around bike ride fish, and some swimming but we went to the lake. host was nice and very helpful you can stay up late and drink and party also with no problems. also you can see all the stars and breathe fresh air away from the city. overall area was clean plenty of rustic scenery we had a blast we wanna come back next year price just right do recommended if u wanna get away from the city and relax

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2010

I spent four nights in cabin 12 (see web site photos). A decent air conditioned room with jacuzzi bath tub/shower, kitchen with a small refrig., stove, microwave and a porch with a table and chairs and an umbrella. My family, five adults and four kids from 3 to 16, had a great time. Free use of a three seat canoe. We brought two tents and were able to pitch them next to the two cabins we rented for us old folks. The Guadalupe river is beautiful and near the cabins. The location is close to Austin and San Antonio and a reasonable drive from Houston. The rates are reasonable and the management was extremely cooperative. We will go back .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I was told by the host this place is for sale. It has great potential, so maybe someone will buy it and bring it up to it's great potential. Currently, I must say, this is the worst cabin I have ever stayed in. I understand the mainentance personnel live on the grounds. Well let me tell you, if they are trading labor for space, they are living for free! I do not know how a tent camper would pitch a tent the grass was so high. The general restroom should be condemmed. They have not been maintained, much less cleaned. They were absolutely disgusting. Dog walkers did not pick up their dog's poop. The cabins need so much maintenance...coffee maker did not work, ac did not cool until 3 am, the bed was the worst I have ever experienced, the grill did not fit the bbq pit, which had not been cleaned since the last camper. I could go on, but I would never stay there ever again...that is unless it is totally revamped. Like I said it has great potential and is in a great location - I hope the owner reads this and has his "crew" do their job.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank grayceey
Reviewed April 6, 2010

If you are looking for a quiet place to get a way from the hetic rush, this is the place for you! We stayed in a cabin that slept 8 and it was very accomaditing. There was enough seating, dishes, and chairs for everyone. I loved the front porch and sitting around the fire. The kids enjoyed swimming in the river, playing on the playground, and catching fish in the river. It's not the Hilton, but its nice enough for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank skyebosh
Reviewed February 28, 2010

The Mermaid Lodge was a wonderful place to stay. We had a wonderful time. The lodge had plenty of room for the 14 of us and we loved sitting on the porch and having the deer come up and feeding them. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms are very clean. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the dishes and cooking utensils that you need. We also enjoyed the employees that work the area and made us feel right at home. They were always right there when we needed anything.
We love this place because it is very close to the river and very close to the lake. We had a wonderful time fishing and floating the river. Makes you feel like you are at home and can have a good time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This property is primitive, run down, neglected and has a bunch of permanent residents living in old trailers surrounded by debris - construction, household and automotive. I also saw broken down golf carts, old appliances, plywood and so forth on the ground near what appears to be a work shed in the middle of the RV area. Many of the RV sites are not paved with any material, but just raw ground - rocky, uneven and prone to flooding. There was a heavy rain overnight during our stay and we woke up find ourselves in a sea of water and mud. We got suck trying to get our trailer out. We were in the "back 40" of the park as it is the most "scenic" area but it is also the lowest spot. The sewer hookup is a pipe that runs to an above ground honey wagon. The pipe fills up and you have to get the manager to come pump it into the honey wagon so you can empty your holding tank.

The few pull through sites I saw have caleche paving material and are directly across from the permanent trailers which is not a view you will like. The public bathroom is best described as primitive. I did not see inside the cabins but from the outside I observed broken window blinds, broken porch furniture, etc. There was no recreational water anywhere on the property due to the drought. The facility is not a member of Woodall's or the Texas Assoc. of Campground Owners as stated on the website.

All in all this is the worst place I have stayed in 35 years of RV travel.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends