“Most romantic getaway, but not as private as we were expectiong.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Canyon Lake
The Homestead Cottages
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed at the montview cottage. When we arrive we realized that all three cabins were in close proximity to each other. You still had prlenty of privacy, but I guess we were expecting a little more exclusion. That is the ONLY complaint I have. The house was clean and pretty. There was everything in the house you needed. You are still close enough to town or the lake or the river or a winery that you only have to drive a few minutes to get out for a little bit. The hot tub was AWESOME. My husband and I have been together for 9 years, and sitting in the hot tub with a glass of wine watching the storms roll in was the most romantic thing I think weve ever done. It was amazing. A well deserved relaxing weekend, made possible by the lake house bb.

• Stayed: August 2012
ukhookem, Owner at The Homestead Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for your positive review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. The storms we received that weekend were a welcome break from the hot dry weather! Our goal is to make each cottage as secluded as possible (actually each cottage is on its own acre of land). With this is mind, we even added a wood privacy fence around the perimeter of the garden where the hot tub is located at the Montview Cottage. We also were very careful in how we positioned each of the units on the land so as to maximize privacy. Although you get “peek” of the other units on the 12 acres, we feel that the layout at the Homestead Cottages provides ample solitude and seclusion.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

After floating the river with family this weekend, my fiance & I enjoyed our quiet getaway to the Tiny House. It's very peaceful and romantic. The interior of the home is interesting and gorgeous, and we loved watching the meteor shower from the hot tub.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We just stayed at the Texas Tiny House for a last little get away of the summer and thoroughly enjoyed our time. It is a wonderful cottage for two in beautiful Hill Country close to so many great things to do, yet the hardest part is making yourself leave the cottage.The attention to detail is remarkable...from the awaiting hot tub and plush robes to the amazingly comfortable king size bed. When we arrived, the cottage was cool (thank you as we in Texas appreciate our air conditioning). The stained glass, the beautiful wood, relaxing pond with waterfall were all welcomed delights. We went to Gruene and had fun in the shops the music hall and the Gruene River Grill was great! I highly recommend the Dry Comal Winery, was so much fun and an awesome wine tasting. Everything was so close and yet you still feel like your getting away to another world. Only suggestion would be to set the hot tub (during hot summer months on cool for a refreshing treat) and a continental breakfast (some muffins and fruit) would be an extra special touch for those who might be coming in late and want a little breakfast in bed in the morning. I definitiely will return and have already been spreading the word, but probably shouldn't cause I don't want to it to be all booked up! ;-) Thank you again for sharing your place with us.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband and I took a trip to Canyon Lake this past weekend and stayed in the Montview Cottage. The accomodations were incredible. We wanted some time alone to relax and that is exactly what we got. The cottage had everything we needed to relax in a romantic setting. We will be returning!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in the tiny house this past weekend, it was so relaxing and peaceful, I was a little scared that it was going to be to small but it was perfect, it was set up so well. Upstairs in the loft of course it was kinda short but very managable, and the mattress is soooooo comfortable. I was worried also that the window unit wasn't going to cool the place but it did very well, it was quite cold in there at times. You do see deer running around but they don't bother you of course, one night we left the windows down in the car and I was worried but then thought oh but there is no one around so I went right back to sleep!! The only thing is we couldn't find a light for the hot tub/grill/patio area so it was dark out there when we finished grilling. New Braunfels is close for shopping or other needs, and the lake was so pretty the water was fresh, we were talking about planning our next weekend getaway but it will be hard to top this one, I would recommand this place to anyone. And we got to Canyon Lake a little early so I called and they said everything is ready, so we got to go in earlier.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We enjoyed our stay, we arrived a little early due to weather and they allowed us to check in early. Perfect place to spend with your significant other, lots of things to do around the area....

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Recommend the Log Cabin. It was gorgeous! Very romantic and secluded. Peaceful and relaxing. Just loved it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple