“Great Service”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Canyon Lake
The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Because of a bad situation it was necessary to do a late cancellation for several rooms and the owner himself helped me to do it without any charge. You can't find that kind of service easily that's why I will be visiting them for sure in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank rluzardo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Lodge was clean, comfortable, and inviting. Have been here several times this summer and have never been disappointed. Owners and staff make you feel a part of a family. Nestled on Canyon Lake it offers a beautiful view. Will definitely be back with family and friends.

Room Tip: Upper rooms give an undisturbed view of the lake and scenery.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Sarah O
Orange
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had four days and three nights with my family of twenty renting five of the six rooms upstairs in the main lodge. My niece and her family had the large corner room with a kitchen and dining table. We used it for cooking, congregating and inside games. We had exclusive use of the upstairs patio which had wicker furniture and cover. We spent much time there visiting and enjoying some meals outside. The regular rooms were clean and adequate size. Water pressure was not great. Room air conditioners blew cold. The lodge was well maintained and appeared to have been recently painted.

The grounds were well maintained. I saw cleaning services picking up small litter items each morning. The children enjoyed the grassy area for soccer and volleyball. There was a group of about twelve deer including nice bucks in velvet that showed up about twice a day. You could call them up by rattling corn in a bowl. They would eat out of your hand and allow you to pet them.

It was a short walk to the boat launch. It was one of the few on the lake which was usable because of the ten foot below average water level conditions. We left our two boats in the water in the little cove the entire weekend. There were no docks. We, and others, had to anchor them in such a way as to keep them off of the rocks.

The management accommodated us by making efforts to allow early check in. Ice is available for $2 a bag at both buildings. They allowed us free ice since we booked so many rooms. Rooms were not cleaned daily but we preferred it that way due to the large amount of items we had spread out.

Safety notice: Be aware of awkward steps at various locations on property. A few yellow markings or warning signs should be added. A lady in another group fell on some concrete steps and broke her arm late one night (not sure if alcohol was involved).

Room Tip: Main lodge upstairs corner room with a kitchen is a great view opening onto the deck. Plenty of floo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Paul P
houston texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very nice people. Very helpful and worked with me on arranging a late check-in. The room worked great with the futon and two double beds. Loved the location and price was very reasonable. Will definitely come stay again. We absolutely loved Canyon Lake and the Lodge at Turkey Cove.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mary m
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I had to cancel my trip due to extenuating circumstances. They had someone else within 5 minutes of my phone call, however, they still charged me for a night. I thought this was unscrupulous and unnecessary. They effectively doubled their money on the deal and were unwilling to be conciliatory at all. I'll never go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Houston
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I had the pleasure of staying at The Lodge while visiting friends in Texas. We wanted to get away for the weekend so that I can see The Hill-Country. I was referred to The Lodge by a friend who goes every year... and we had a blast! The deer were so beautiful, and the water (even though it was a bit low because of drought this year) was so relaxing! The room was clean and the staff were friendly. Thank you guys! I am planning on taking my family there next year! :D

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
#18 of 32 in New Braunfels
The Resort at Schlitterbahn
The Resort at Schlitterbahn
#4 of 32 in New Braunfels

Been to The Lodge at Turkey Cove? Share your experiences!