“Who would have known....”

Sayakomarn Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Canyon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Sayakomarn's is a family-owned restaurant established in Canyon, Texas, in 2007. We specialize in authentic Thai cuisine, offering traditional favorites as well as a few of our own specialty dishes.
Missouri City, Texas, United States
“Who would have known....”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We traveled to Canyon, TX to drop my daughter off at West Texas A&M, one of the students told use about this place. I thought there was no way there was a good Asian place in this small town, let alone Thai...I WAS WRONG. The service was amazing and the food was just as good. We had Hot and Sour soup (best I've had) along with Cashew Chicken (they have Chinese dishes too)..we also had the Thai Udon Noodles, spicy and very good.

I will be coming here every time I visit my daughter in Canyon!

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Greg A

Columbia, Missouri
“Very pleasant surprise”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was on a long trip and got to Canyon in time for a late supper with no idea what I'd find. I pulled off Hwy. 60 at the "Business District" sign and found the town square. I circled the courthouse and noted cars at one corner of the square. A Thai/Lao restaurant? Not expected, but certainly worth checking it out, and very glad I did.

I had the Mongolian Beef, and it was the best I've ever had--the flavors were just right. The serving was plenty big; I had to leave a little rice because I was full.

The service was prompt and friendly.

My only problem will be to figure out a reason to get to Canyon again so I can try more dishes at Sayakomarn's.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Edge W
Las Vegas
“Best Thai I've had in the states.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for some time.
The people running this small place know their Thai, and know food.
We were in town on vacation to visit Palo Duro Canyon and stopped in.
We came by again the next night because we were so impressed.
Excellent Thai curry - and I'm thankful that they were heavy-handed with the chilies.
To be honest, it kind of ruined other Thai restaurants for me.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank VegasHombre
Dallas, Texas
“Great find!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of our hostess at our B&B. It's a great little local place. It was crowded and it was a bit warm in the restaurant, but the menu is extensive. The food we had was very good....egg rolls, I had a chicken dish and my husband got a beef dish. Both were outstanding. I grew up with friends who were Asian, so I appreciate good Asian food. If you're in Canyon and want something better than Wendy's, give this local place a try.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cocobear
Amarillo, Texas
“One of my favorites in Canyon”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Delicious! I go there at least once a week and get the pad thai. Friendly atmosphere with a great wait staff.

Visited April 2013