“Best Thai I've had in the states.”

Sayakomarn Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Canyon
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Sayakomarn's is a family-owned restaurant established in Canyon, Texas, in 2007. We specialize in authentic Thai cuisine, offering traditional favorites as well as a few of our own specialty dishes.
Las Vegas
“Best Thai I've had in the states.”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I've been meaning to write this review for some time.
The people running this small place know their Thai, and know food.
We were in town on vacation to visit Palo Duro Canyon and stopped in.
We came by again the next night because we were so impressed.
Excellent Thai curry - and I'm thankful that they were heavy-handed with the chilies.
To be honest, it kind of ruined other Thai restaurants for me.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank VegasHombre

Dallas, Texas
“Great find!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We went here on the recommendation of our hostess at our B&B. It's a great little local place. It was crowded and it was a bit warm in the restaurant, but the menu is extensive. The food we had was very good....egg rolls, I had a chicken dish and my husband got a beef dish. Both were outstanding. I grew up with friends who were Asian, so I appreciate good Asian food. If you're in Canyon and want something better than Wendy's, give this local place a try.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Cocobear
Amarillo, Texas
“One of my favorites in Canyon”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Delicious! I go there at least once a week and get the pad thai. Friendly atmosphere with a great wait staff.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Lenzi S
Carrollton, tx
“Big surprise”
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in Canyon on our way from Dallas to Santa Fe and picked this restaurant off TripAdvisor. We eat Thai fairly regularly around Dallas and were prepared to be underwhelmed, but this place was a real treat. Not fancy, inexpensive, good food that compares to our favorites.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Colleen B
Jefferson, Texas
“Who Would Have Thought?”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was pleasantly suprising enough - even with the "college town" influence of West Texas A&M - to find ONE Thai restaurant let alone THREE, but this one downtown on the square is the leader.

Tom ka gai soup was MOST excellent - and I can only attribute them being out of pad thai noodles as a testament to their quality. (And rats I missed out on a chance the next day owing to a broken water pipe - folks it was COLD while I was there!)

With two competitors on the main north-south highway, this one requires a little jog west to the square but it's easy to find and well worth the extra 2-3 minutes to get there if you're traveling through. Decor was nice, service was fine, food was very good and the traffic inside was steady with an affable lunch crowd.

Don't pass 'em up if Thai food is one of your things!

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Chitsport

Been to Sayakomarn Restaurant? Share your experiences!