“Great Place To Stay.”

Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Canyon
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed their last year.We met with some old friends around the country.We had our dog with us.The staff was great they let us go in the the conference room to chat.The Breakfest bar was very good.The room was quite and the bed was comfortable.Plan on going back this year.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I really enjoy staying at this hotel. We usually stay in the King Suites and these rooms are very nice, clean and roomy. I love all the room and it has a little sitting area that is perfect so you don't have to always sit on the bed. The hotel is clean, quiet and has a nice hot breakfast in the morning. The beds are extremely comfortable Internet access is fast and available immediately. We try to stay here every time we come to Canyon, it is close to the college, has a restaurant that stays open late next door where you can walk to, and has a Dollar General right across the street, to run over and get the little things that you may have forgotten to pack.. sooo convenient.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed here the first time because of it's proximity to West TX A&M University. Found it to be a very clean, comfortable hotel with friendly staff and GREAT breakfasts!! We've stayed there now numerous times over the years while our boys attended college. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were in town for a wedding. After returning home from our trip we discovered we had left out garment bags behind in our room closet. I called and spoke to mgr to let her know my sister would go by and pick up my things... she stated they found nothing! Her response " I don't know what to tell you" and then I got the run around regarding the employee in question. Who takes another persons clothes!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
miss_hospitality, General Manager at Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2013

We are disappointed to hear your accusation. Here at our property, it is a standard of practice for us to notify the guest by phone if we find left behind items in the room, and they were able to retrieve their jewelry, computers, cellphones, wallet, and clothing. If we are not able to reach them we try to save the non-perishable items for, at least, three months. When requested by the guest, we go out of our way to mail them their belongings.

One of the things we can expect from our staff is their trustworthiness.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Our third floor room was a huge suite with king-size bed, sofa and chair. There was an in-room microwave and fridge as well. It was clean and a/c noise was not a problem even though it was 100 degrees outside! The free breakfast appeared to use real eggs, a rarity if our travels are any indication. My only complaint about breakfast is that they didn't have butter for the bagels/toast only some oleo spread.
We stayed here to visit the Palo Duro Canyon, the entrance to which is right down the road. We didn't try the restaurant that is located next door but walked into town (even in the heat it wasn't far) to the Wrong Way Diner and it was a safe, easy walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Do not stay at Best Western if you have pets. They charge extra for pets and you are not allowed to leave them alone in the room; none of which was indicated when I made my reservations online. I was informed that if I had to leave the room, I would have to find somewhere in town to kennel my dogs. When I indicated that I travel with my pets so I don't have to kennel them, I was then informed that I would have to leave them in the office with the staff. I refused to leave my dogs with total strangers that might be cruel to them or worse yet, get stolen. I was in a small town for a big wedding and if I had felt that I might be able to find a room somewhere else, I would have turned around and walked out. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A BEST WESTERN AGAIN. Best Western should take advice from LaQuinta on how to be truly pet friendly.

1  Thank Rebecca J
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had an excellent room. It was spacious and clean. Everything worked. The employees were friendly and very helpful, even when we need to make a change. The breakfast was very good, fresh and tasty, with a nice selection.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canyon
Home2 Suites By Hilton Amarillo
Drury Inn & Suites Amarillo
My Place Hotel-Amarillo, TX
Comfort Suites South -- Amarillo
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Amarillo South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Amarillo West

Been to Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!