Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites
Agoda.com
Buffalo Inn(Canyon)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewspanhandle plains museumbest westernsstate parkceiling fanroom was cleanwafflesplace to stayshort driveking suitetwo night staythe breakfast areawest texasnice hotelstayed nightsbiscuits and gravynice stayhot breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in Room 307. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast is available but we did not have that. We have heard some not so good stories about this hotel, but we had a good time visiting a relative at WTAM and would probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 307 was fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pxisright
Reviewed October 21, 2012

It's one of the better Best Westerns I have stayed at. You should not have a terrible experience unless you get bad service. Our service experience was fine, though I would like to have had my room cleaned before 2pm. Everything was clean. Breakfast was better than what you find at most Best Westerns. You are walking distance to a Dollar store (in case you forget something) and a pretty good restaurant (right next door). Short drive to the canyon.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MangaMan
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Granted I arrived at the hotel two hours before the designated check-in, but upon walking up to the desk, there was no clerk. I waited, waited, rang the bell, waited, rang the bell, still no-one. 25 min later, an older (Hispanic?) lady came out to say, no one can check in until 2pm...period! Okay, understand I'm early, but its noon. I was one of 3 cars in the lot; was the hotel even full the night before? In any event, after she tells me to come back in two hours, she wants to know my name. I give it to her, she looks in the computer, looks up with a snide face, and says, "nope, you are not allowed early check-in.". Then, she walked off into the back room with me still standing at the desk. Thank goodness when I returned around 5pm, there was a different desk clerk, who was efficient, very pleasant and extremely helpful.

My room was nice, nothing spectacular. Rugs were super filthy and could have used a lot of deep cleaning. Other than that, no real complaints. cleaning staff did a good job.

Breakfast on Sunday am....my 15 yr old daughter goes down alone to get me a glass of milk. The same lady from the prior day starts hovering over my daughter making sure she isn't taking to much, asking her questions on what she needs and is looking for. My daughter seriously only went down to get me a glass of milk--she said there was nothing else to eat, and doesn't know why the lady was hovering so close to her.

In any event, I ended up cancelling the last day at the hotel. It's a shame that this one woman ruined our experience. I'll never stay here again because of it. She seriously needs some customer service training.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank lorac2012
miss_hospitality, Manager at Best Western Palo Duro Canyon Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. However, I am quite confused because you mentioned that there were only three cars in the parking lot when you tried to check in early when we were fully booked the 5th and 6th of October. Anyway, I will get to the bottom of this to make sure that this is not repeated because it's very unprofessional and uncaring.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We planned a family trip so I booked 2 adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor. Large, clean, microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. Plus a full breakfast with plenty of coffee!!! Our plans had changed, so we arrived a day early and they were very gracious & accommodating our entire stay... beyond our expectations. We stayed 2 nights instead of one. I cannot say enough kind words about the staff, Frances and Frank. The pool was well maintained and we used it each day. The location was very well situated close to the museum, Palo Duro Canyon and the campus. A full service restaurant & bar next door. We all agreed that it was an exceptional experience and was a great value for the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank isisconn
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Large room that was clean. Breakfast was good and plentiful. Front desk was friendly and helpfull. Vending machine on floor we were on (2) was out of order. No major complaints really and would stay there again but would probably try another hotel next time just to see if I liked it better

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple