“Award-winning for a reason” 5 of 5 bubbles

Palace Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Canyon
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Amarillo, TX
“Award-winning for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

The Palace Coffee Shop is in a renovated historic hotel building on the courthouse square. The decorations include some first-class art by local artists. The baristas know what they are doing - several have won national awards. This was a nice morning to sit outside and just watch the world go by.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank TexasRed79109

Texas
“Excellent Coffee Shop - Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

My lady and I spend quite a bit of time traveling around this vast country and one of the things we really prize is stumbling on excellent coffee shops in the most unlikely places. After an exhausting morning hike in the Canyon, the three of us - my lady, myself and Mrs Jones the canine family member - were in need of coffee and some sustenance. We got out the phone, checked AroundMe, saw a Starbucks not too far away in Amarillo but then also saw the Palace right in Canyon and decided to give it a try. Glad we did. Of course, knowing that a branch of Western TAMU is in town we should have expected a good coffee shop...

Quaint little shop, on the corner of the town square across from the county courthouse building. Very friendly staff, excellent coffee and an excellent chicken salad wrap as well. We sat outside with Mrs Jones, enjoying the cooling breeze, drinking coffee, listening to the bells chime in the courthouse. Enjoyed it so much we stayed for another round of coffee, whiling away over an hour of a pleasant afternoon Everyone we met was so very friendly and almost all stopped to talk to Mrs Jones.

Pleasant place. If you a re visiting the Canyon and need your caffeine fix, this is the place to get it.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Roger61Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I am so glad that Canyon has such a great coffee shop! Great coffee and super friendly staff! Award winning coffee in shop. I can only hope that a place like Palace exists in my home town someday!

1 Thank Caryn C
Canyon, Texas
“Pleasant cup of coffe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The place holds a nice and quiet atmosphere in downtown. The best part if the quality of the coffee they offered

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Flop211
Canyon, TX
“Ehhh...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I'm really not impressed with this place. I've been there a few times when I received average service and a fairly good drink, but most times I have to wait over 10 minutes for my drink, even when only a couple people have ordered before me, and a lot of times the drink doesn't taste like I think it should. I also find it overpriced.

Visited June 2014

Been to Palace Coffee Company? Share your experiences!