“Still good, but may have dropped a little in quality”
Review of Little Diner

Little Diner
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Canutillo
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed March 8, 2011

I have been coming here for twenty years off and on. This is good food and I do recommend this place. But it is a hard drive to make to Canutillo when there are so many other choices and I do feel it is not quite the same as times past.

I also think it is a bit more expensive than what it used to be, and i do not believe it is the great value it once was.

All this nostalgia being said, I would still come back and of course recommend the gorditas.

There are newer reviews for Little Diner

Reviewed January 4, 2011

I've eaten at Little Diner for 30 years - since it was down on Doniphan. The food is always good, and the owner has always been very friendly. However today they are ripping of a friend's mom and I think it's just wrong. She ordered a dozen tamales to be shipped to Chicago - asked how much shipping would cost and was told no more than $20, but they would call back with an exact cost. She was very surprised to be charged $89.00 for shipping - as of today they are not willing to do anything to remedy the situation. What a shame - bad news travels fast.

Reviewed December 2, 2010

I ate at the Little Diner for the first time and enjoyed it very much. I had the Chile Relleno plate. There was no sauce on it, but the table salsa was good on top.

Reviewed September 9, 2010

I grew up on the Little Diner. Mrs. Jaquez was one of my teachers in high school. When she ran the place the food was ALWAYS delicious, ALWAYS warm when it was served and was ALWAYS served in a timely fashion.
When I arrived in El Paso, I always made the Little Diner my first stop.
It won't happen again.
I arrived after the lunch hour, before the dinner rush and ordered two chile relleno burritos and three green chile, chicken tamales. A normal order. It took nearly an hour to get the meal and when it arrived the rellenos were cold and oozed grease. The tamales were overcooked and dry.
I wish I'd tried the gorditas. They were always a high point in the past, I was just afraid too after the other offerings.
What a sad tribute to Ms. Jaquez memory.

Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have been going to LD for more than 20 years and am never disappointed by the quality of the food. Everything is great always...by far the best in the entire El Paso area. Recently however the management has been jacking up their costs significantly. Last time I was there a simple enchilade plate was $10.30, which isn't bad by big city standards but for an order-at-the-counter El Paso restaurant with no ambiance, that price is about $4-5 more than similar establisments. I think the management is taking advantage of it's national reputation and starting to milk the travelers who read these reviews at the expense of the regulars who keep the place going. I'll still go but as frequently as before.