“Customer Service - it's everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Little Diner

Little Diner
Ranked #2 of 23 Restaurants in Canutillo
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
Mt Airy, MD
“Customer Service - it's everything”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2011

I've eaten at Little Diner for 30 years - since it was down on Doniphan. The food is always good, and the owner has always been very friendly. However today they are ripping of a friend's mom and I think it's just wrong. She ordered a dozen tamales to be shipped to Chicago - asked how much shipping would cost and was told no more than $20, but they would call back with an exact cost. She was very surprised to be charged $89.00 for shipping - as of today they are not willing to do anything to remedy the situation. What a shame - bad news travels fast.

• Visited January 2011

Austin, Texas
“Counter service, tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

I ate at the Little Diner for the first time and enjoyed it very much. I had the Chile Relleno plate. There was no sauce on it, but the table salsa was good on top.

Seattle
“I wish things could stay the same...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

I grew up on the Little Diner. Mrs. Jaquez was one of my teachers in high school. When she ran the place the food was ALWAYS delicious, ALWAYS warm when it was served and was ALWAYS served in a timely fashion.
When I arrived in El Paso, I always made the Little Diner my first stop.
It won't happen again.
I arrived after the lunch hour, before the dinner rush and ordered two chile relleno burritos and three green chile, chicken tamales. A normal order. It took nearly an hour to get the meal and when it arrived the rellenos were cold and oozed grease. The tamales were overcooked and dry.
I wish I'd tried the gorditas. They were always a high point in the past, I was just afraid too after the other offerings.
What a sad tribute to Ms. Jaquez memory.

el paso
“Great Food - prices climbing quickly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2009

I have been going to LD for more than 20 years and am never disappointed by the quality of the food. Everything is great always...by far the best in the entire El Paso area. Recently however the management has been jacking up their costs significantly. Last time I was there a simple enchilade plate was $10.30, which isn't bad by big city standards but for an order-at-the-counter El Paso restaurant with no ambiance, that price is about $4-5 more than similar establisments. I think the management is taking advantage of it's national reputation and starting to milk the travelers who read these reviews at the expense of the regulars who keep the place going. I'll still go but as frequently as before.

Parker, Texas
“Spicy Mexican, even gluten-free food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Wonderful, real Mexican food in Texas. Everything hand and homemade there! Owner and order taker knew everything about getting gluten free food. Being a Celiac, I was happy to try many things on the menu. Yes, we kept going back during our week convention in El Paso. Only 10 minutes from downtown El Paso. Great, spicy food, good prices, friendly people. I was impressed with all of her awards on the wall. Don't let the convoluted directions scare you off. It is easy to find!