“Best Mexican food in the El Paso area” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout
el paso
“Best Mexican food in the El Paso area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

I know that my title is a pretty big claim for a region rich in Mexican food but this place is THE place for Mexican food in the area. A little difficult to find but oh-so-worth the drive. Put it in your GPS and go...today. My suggestions are the Gorditas...but get them with the best chili Colorado every created. Hell, just get a bowl of the chili Colorado by itself with a couple of homemade flour tortillas. The other would have to be the red enchiladas (meat or cheese). I swear the sauce is amazing and taste just as fresh has it should because it is made right there from chilies grown in the area. The staff is over the top friendly, the place is spotless. Celebrities, presidents, rock stars, visit here and rave about the place. According to one wall plaque the restaurant was used as a location for filming a category on Mexican food for an episode of jeopardy. It is oh so damn good.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Michigan
“Our must do destination when we travel to Cruces”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We are from Michigan, but are fortunate enough to have family in Las Cruces. This brings us close enough to make our mandatory visits to the Little Diner over in Canutillo. Every good review you have read for this place is well earned. The only bad part is that we can't come hungry enough to try everything we want to eat. I always dive into red enchiladas, with a fried egg on top of course (they are served stacked, ranchero style). My wife and kids devour gorditas. Unspeakably good. We were there just this past Friday before catching an early morning flight back home out of El Paso. I noticed they also have dessert...who leaves room for that? Well worth the trip - you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Moose Jaw, Canada
“Great Chile Relleno Burrito”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I winter in the Las Cruces area and always make a side trip to this restaurant to partake of the great food. The owner is a very nice lady who greets you and makes you feel welcome upon arrival. All her staff have been top notch during our visits. The food is uniformly delicious. They make great Chile Rellenos and Chile Relleno burritos. My wife is a connoisseur of chile rellenos and she says these are some of the best. The enchilada and gorditas are great also. Service is quick and the prices are very reasonable for some of the most authentic mexican food in the area. We'll be back next winter!

• Visited January 2013
El Paso, Texas
“Definitely worth while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I started looking for the good homemade flavors in El Paso. The ones that will remain authentic to the Mexican food from history. I ordered a combination just to try a little bit of everything to so on a later day I know exactly what I like. They do not sell bottle water but that was fine as the water from the soda machine was as fine as the bottle one. Follow the signs when getting there. I want to say I spend around $11. The salsa is very good. I loved the enchilada and the tacos were really good. I also like the Gorditas. If you are in the area around the outlet mall I recommend you stop by.

El Paso, Texas
“Just like home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Absolutely the best Mexican Food in the El Paso area. My family has been eating here for over 20 years. I rate the green chili meat enchilada the best of my life. Don't miss the chili con cueso - we have to take it to our kids in college when we visit them. The gorditas are awesome. I recommend the cili colorado gordita. Service is so personal. Lupe is the nicest person ever and makes sure your visit is perfect.

• Visited September 2012