“Great Stop!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Canton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Since 1984, Dairy Palace has been a casual, family-friendly, family-owned restaurant in Canton, Texas, home of the world-famous First Monday Trade Days. We're open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, and over 32 flavors of Blue Bell ice cream all day long. Come visit us before work, on a road trip, after the game, or for a midnight snack!
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I can't speak for the meals, I just ordered a Milk Shake, However, the place was packed, The Platters, and Burgers Looked DELICIOUS!! The Malted Milk Shake I ordered was lacking any malt, but they used real hand dipped ice cream. Extensive Wild Game Burger Menu including, Boar, Elk, Duck, and More. The Place was Packed. Service was Hectic. I would come back again for a Burger. A Must Stop in the area!
Chef Gary Curry

Reviewed August 10, 2013

They have good breakfasts! The burgers are wonderful, but the lines can get long on the monthly Flea Market First Monday's and the weekend before, The restrooms are clean but werd. Everyone is very nice there.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Low quality food. We all ordered something different so we could share/try several things. None of us could finish anything. Gravy seemed a decade old. burnt hamburger meat. Eggs runny and raw(glad i checked) Chicken fried steak / more like microwaved steak we even tried pulling crust off. Just gross.

Dairy P, Owner at Dairy Palace, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2015

Dear Shanjimfran,

Recent monitoring of tripadvisopr user posts has allowed insight to some of our customers' experiences, including yours.

I know your visit was a long time ago; August 2013. However, I still wish to say that I am saddened that your food was as you described rather than some of the best you and your family had ever eaten.

I realize its too late to try and remedy our mistake on that order, but please know that I would value greatly another opportunity to gain you business. If the thought ever occurs to you to stop to eat at the Dairy Palace Restaurant of Canton, please ask for the Owner or one of the Senior Managers that we make do our very best to make sure your receive only the highest of quality food we can prepare for you.

JW, Owner

Reviewed July 25, 2013

My kids love their breakfast served all day long. Buffalo burgers also good. Service quick except on First Monday weekends. A good place to grab a quick bite.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We regularly stop at Dairy Palace on trips to visit our family. It's located just off of I-20, and it stays busy. Their fare isn't fancy, but it is cooked fresh. Expect a line on most days, and a short wait for your food. I recommend the bison burger and a baked pie (similar to a fried pie, available with various fruit fillings). The BLT is also good. They have a selection of Blue Bell ice cream, as well, and free Wi-Fi.

The restaurant is family friendly. They have a few video games and you don't have to worry if your kids are a bit rowdy from being cooped up in a vehicle. The staff has always been friendly. They are also supportive of the military, and have been known to give free meals to military members in uniform.

Been to Dairy Palace? Share your experiences!