“Canton Tx”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Canton
wichita falls, American Samoa
“Canton Tx”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

we wanted a room close to the Canton Trade Days and this one is a nice clean hotel and very close ...the staff is excellent and the rooms were clean ..wish that it had a frig and microwave but other than that it was pleasant

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Lennie F
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for writing about your stay with us. Right now, a little more than half of our rooms have fridges and microwaves, and it's done on a by request basis. I am happy to announce that by Spring 2014, ALL our rooms will have fridges and microwaves! I know how convenient it is to have in the room and we are always looking for ways to enhance the guest's experience. Thank you for your feedback, comments like yours help us provide a better stay for all our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Odessa, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Rooms and service are excellent. Reservation clerk was very knowlegeable and helpful. Rooms were clean and quiet. Parking was very abundant. Sleep was undisturbed. One of the nicest in Canton, TX. Will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Quinton K
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your tip to Canton, and for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next time!
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our first visit to Canton - we booked at the last minute but they did have a room for at least part of our trip. Tucked behind a couple of restaurants but once you found the shortcut, it was easy to get to. Liked that it had a microwave & frig. Staff was super friendly and efficient. Our room, while average in size & amenities and a little dated, was very clean. The shower heads were rather low and as we were tall, we had to bend down a bit to wash our hair. Toilet was also really low to the floor. We had a top floor room that faced the freeway but with the A/C on, we had no problems with the noise level. The A/C worked great, is one of the older kind that has the controls on it vs. a thermostat on the wall, but we actually like that better. Breakfast was fine, pretty much your average selection but they did have a waffle maker which was great. Only real negative was the size of the breakfast area, most folks had to stand up or go back to their rooms as there wasn't enough seating available. However, I did hear from the manager who said they would be expanding the breakfast area in the coming months. That would be a welcome change and we would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Book as far ahead of time as possible, hotels fill up rapidly on First Monday weekends.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jackie F
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very excited about our new breakfast area. The architect is drawing up plans now, and I am anticipating that it will be finished in Spring 2014. We hope you will come back and see our finished project! Happy Travels!
Texas, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed during Canton's First Monday. We luckily got a room for a somewhat reasonable rate. Bed was great and it was in a good location in town. Breakfast was good and the room was quiet. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Mc0x02
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the most recent First Monday Trade Days! Thank you for writing about your experience. I love seeing reviews because it lets me know what we are doing well and areas we need to improve. Reviews like yours also help other travelers make informed decisions when traveling to new places. We hope to see you again next time you are in Canton, Texas!
Reedsburg, WI
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for a single night and I must admit I was impressed. It's an older hotel that has been modernized, and I think they did a great job. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at many hotels, but the room here made me happy. It was spacious and held the cool air in when I cranked the AC (I like it cold). It also has some nice amenities like a refrigerator, microwave, nice water pressure and temperature in the shower, and best of all an extremely comfortable bed. Seriously, I've crashed in a lot of beds but this one was among the best. Soft pillows, made me want to take one home.

The staff was extremely kind and accommodating, and I was impressed with the breakfast (biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs and even a machine that allows you to make your own waffles). The location is also great. It's right off the interstate and is right next door to a Dairy Queen and gas station. It also has a McDonald's and other places to eat within walking distance.

I'll definitely stay again if and when I pass through Canton.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 144, which was down at the end. Plenty of parking and a quick walk to my room, whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I love reading about guests' experiences. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Canton.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hopelessly outdated. Not very clean. Air Conditioner sputters and makes noise, while providing humid air inside. Breakfast was so-so. The swimming area was loaded with rowdy adults who were drinking - not conducive to family activities. Thin carpet, thin bedding...this was NOT worth the money. The only thing to recommend it is that it was a spot on the road and we were tired. Reading the other comments, I honestly cannot imagine how people rated this hotel with such good marks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent stay. We try to exceed every guest's expectations, and I apologize that we missed that mark for you. Thank you for writing about your experience because it certainly helps me identify areas where we can improve. While your experience is not typical for us, even one instance of a dissatisfying stay is unacceptable to me. I hope that if you are in Canton again you will give us another chance to impress you.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Had upstairs room was worried because temperatures were101+ ... Worried for nothing even had to turn air down. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Pool was kind of small, and wish they had bags in the ice buckets. But overall would recommend. Just went to Dairy Queen and bought large ice waters.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Shanjimfran
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Travelers rely on candid reviews like yours when making a decision about where to stay. We know there is nothing like walking into a cool room after being out in the Texas summer heat, so we turn our air conditioners on in every room that has a reservation for that night. We want to be eco friendly and conserve energy so of course we don't run every air conditioner 24/7 in unrented rooms, but if you let us know you're coming, we want your room to be comfortable when you arrive.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City
Best Western Mineola Inn

Been to Best Western Canton Inn? Share your experiences!