“Great Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Canton
Texas, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed during Canton's First Monday. We luckily got a room for a somewhat reasonable rate. Bed was great and it was in a good location in town. Breakfast was good and the room was quiet. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Mc0x02
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us during the most recent First Monday Trade Days! Thank you for writing about your experience. I love seeing reviews because it lets me know what we are doing well and areas we need to improve. Reviews like yours also help other travelers make informed decisions when traveling to new places. We hope to see you again next time you are in Canton, Texas!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reedsburg, WI
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I recently stayed here for a single night and I must admit I was impressed. It's an older hotel that has been modernized, and I think they did a great job. I travel a lot for work and have stayed at many hotels, but the room here made me happy. It was spacious and held the cool air in when I cranked the AC (I like it cold). It also has some nice amenities like a refrigerator, microwave, nice water pressure and temperature in the shower, and best of all an extremely comfortable bed. Seriously, I've crashed in a lot of beds but this one was among the best. Soft pillows, made me want to take one home.

The staff was extremely kind and accommodating, and I was impressed with the breakfast (biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs and even a machine that allows you to make your own waffles). The location is also great. It's right off the interstate and is right next door to a Dairy Queen and gas station. It also has a McDonald's and other places to eat within walking distance.

I'll definitely stay again if and when I pass through Canton.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 144, which was down at the end. Plenty of parking and a quick walk to my room, whic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I love reading about guests' experiences. We look forward to seeing you again next time your travels bring you to Canton.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hopelessly outdated. Not very clean. Air Conditioner sputters and makes noise, while providing humid air inside. Breakfast was so-so. The swimming area was loaded with rowdy adults who were drinking - not conducive to family activities. Thin carpet, thin bedding...this was NOT worth the money. The only thing to recommend it is that it was a spot on the road and we were tired. Reading the other comments, I honestly cannot imagine how people rated this hotel with such good marks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent stay. We try to exceed every guest's expectations, and I apologize that we missed that mark for you. Thank you for writing about your experience because it certainly helps me identify areas where we can improve. While your experience is not typical for us, even one instance of a dissatisfying stay is unacceptable to me. I hope that if you are in Canton again you will give us another chance to impress you.
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Had upstairs room was worried because temperatures were101+ ... Worried for nothing even had to turn air down. Beds were comfortable and room was clean. Pool was kind of small, and wish they had bags in the ice buckets. But overall would recommend. Just went to Dairy Queen and bought large ice waters.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Shanjimfran
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Travelers rely on candid reviews like yours when making a decision about where to stay. We know there is nothing like walking into a cool room after being out in the Texas summer heat, so we turn our air conditioners on in every room that has a reservation for that night. We want to be eco friendly and conserve energy so of course we don't run every air conditioner 24/7 in unrented rooms, but if you let us know you're coming, we want your room to be comfortable when you arrive.
Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My sister and I had a very nice stay . The Lobby, Room, Pool all clean.The breakfast was more that enough to get our crazy day of shopping started. The Staff was Pleasant and helpful. I will hopefully get to go back and I will stay at this motel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Janna G
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review! I always like reading your comments and suggestions and I know other travelers rely on your experiences when making traveling choices. We hope to see you when you come to Canton again!
Nacogdoches, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Best Western Canton Inn is the best. We've stayed there every year for the past 7 years. It's like a home away from home for a week. The staff is very friendly and always helpful. They are informative about the town and surrounding areas. Since we were there last year, they've made improvements to the pool area and the continental breakfast. They've added a splash pad for the little ones and they now serve waffles and scrambled eggs. While we were there they were still making improvements. They appeared to be fixing the entrances to each of the rooms and working on the ice machine area. It was loud, but was willing to endure for the changes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Yonnie D
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are always excited to host the ETBC Meeting. It's truly one of the most fun weeks of the year. We love seeing the guests return year after year, and watch their families grow and change. We are in the progress of some great hotel improvements. I'm so glad you were able to enjoy the splash pad. It's probably my favorite new addition to the hotel. Thank you for pardoning our mess while we renovated the Ice and Vending area. I can't wait for you to come back next year and see what we have accomplished!
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We had the handicap room and it was a very large room with 3 beds! We only spent 1 night as we were doing the canton flea market but it wasn't over priced and it was clean enough for what we paid normally canton hotels run 200 plus and rooms are small we didn't encounter any problems this isn't a luxury hotel but for the canton one night it did my family perfect!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate hearing what we did right and your suggestions for improvement, and I know your fellow travelers rely on candid reviews when making their travel arrangements. I'm very glad you enjoyed our room with three queen beds. It's the perfect room for larger parties or anyone wanting just a bit more space. We are pleased to offer it as an option to our guests.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Best Western Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Mineola Inn
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City

Been to Best Western Canton Inn? Share your experiences!