“Good for trade days!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Canton
Fort Worth, Texas
“Good for trade days!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for First Monday Trade Days and it was a great location and rooms were very clean. One of my group had room 146 and it was huge ... More like a suite! Hotel was quiet, breakfast was good to get us going in the morning for a full day of shopping! Prices are high everywhere during trade days because lodging is just not that plentiful! Book early!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank wiggygailTX
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback like yours helps us know what we're doing right and where we need to improve; it also gives other travelers an unbiased opinion so they can make informed decisions. Thank you for your recommendation to book early. First Monday is a very popular event and rooms book up quickly!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cypress Creek, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

After reading several of reviews I was very skeptical about staying here. The rooms were very expensive and I was hoping for the price that the reviews I had read were were false. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. I will be staying here again while I visit Canton.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your compliments. And also for taking the time to review our property. Fellow travelers rely on these comments to make informed decisions. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My friend and I reserved a non-smoking room with two beds. Upon arrival, only after they ran our credit card, did they tell us that that they were going to give us a smoking room with one bed. They refused to process a refund for the smoking room when we said that we were going to another motel. We even called the national helpline for assistance, and they just said that they would check into it. Nothing was done! The motel staff was uncooperative and rude. The room was dirty and so smokey that it made all my clothes stink.

When going to Canton, choose another motel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sugarlandcouple
I apologize for your check in experience. Let me assure you that my staff would never change your room type without your request. When you make the reservation - either with us directly, or with an online travel agent such as expedia or travelocity - you choose your room type. All we do is assign a room number within that room type. During First Monday Trade Days we are 100% occupied, therefore it is not possible to change room types once you arrive, what you reserved is what we have to honor. I apologize if you were surprised when you accidentally reserved a smoking room, sometimes when dealing with external booking sites it can be easy to overlook the room type.
Port Austin, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

First off price of the room almost doubles during Trade Days weekend in Canton. Although fairly clean the property is extremely outdated, the bed was like sleeping on a rock, the linens were worn and thin, walls were so thin (heard every shower taken in all adjoining rooms) no HD TV, no Mini frig or microwave. For the the price we paid we expected so much more. Completely disappointed. It is not awesome, it's awful. Avoid this place!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank texas_bound65
BestWesternCanton, Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
It is an unfortunate, but common, practice that prices reflect demand, and Canton's First Monday Trades Days are no exception. We are in the process of adding fridges, microwaves, and HDTV's to each room. It's an ongoing process, and while we are more than halfway finished, not every room has one yet.
Fort Worth, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice people and probably the best place to stay in Canton. But I was disappointed when my wife found a roach crawling on her sheets when she was in bed. I called the office and told them about it. They replied, "thank you for letting us know." I killed it and left it for them to verify.

If you are happy to stay here, fine. If you have flexibility, stay in Mineola or Lindale where there are some nicer options.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank WWJR14
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am exceedingly sorry to hear about your experience with an unwanted insect visitor, we take such intrusions extremely seriously. Be assured that yesterday, as soon as you checked out, we had a our maintenance department spray insecticide to that section of the building. I thank you for bringing the problem to our attention so that we are able take immediate steps to correct it.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband and I have stayed there 3x now. The staff are very friendly, efficient, professional and courteous. The beds are COMFORTABLE!!! We almost did not stay here after reading the previous reviews. After being on the road for 18 hours we decided to give them a try anyway.
Most definitely will stay here when we travel to Texas!! KUDOS to all the staff here :-)

Room Tip: The rating on restaurant is located near them... I believe the name is Burger Palace?.. Best burgers...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah76006
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Fellow travelers rely on these comments to make informed decisions. I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

The restaurant you mentioned is the Dairy Palace. It is within walking distance from our establishment, and their burgers are some of the best in town.
Newark, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

After many hours on the road, I was glad to find a room at the Best Western Canton Inn without having a reservation. The mature lady behind the desk was pleasant and offered a good rate for the night. Typical older exterior entrance motel. Located well off the main roads behind some businesses. The room was clean. Though the furniture was dated, they were well kept. Liked the modern convienence of microwave and fridge. Wi-Fi worked beautifully and was free! Breakfast room was small and there appeared to be a small group for a convention of sort staying there. Took breakfast up to my room, not a huge deal!! Only issue was the alarm clock went off in the wee hours (I use my cell phone as an alarm clock). Minor overlook on the housekeeping to make sure it should have been turned off! Staff was friendly and beds comfy! Didn't get a chance to use their outdoor pool, although a couple of people were seen by it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
BestWesternCanton, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Canton Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I'm very happy to hear your comments about your stay. My staff and I use your comments to drive improvement, and your fellow travelers rely on comments like yours to make informed decisions when traveling. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We wish you happy travels and hope to see you again if you're ever in Canton, Texas.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
BEST WESTERN Plus Royal Mountain Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
BEST WESTERN Mineola Inn
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City

Been to BEST WESTERN Canton Inn? Share your experiences!