“Total dump / owner has no integrity”
Review of Super 8 Canton

Super 8 Canton
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Canton
Plant City, Florida
“Total dump / owner has no integrity”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Don't make the same mistake I made, I read the other reviews and stayed here anyway! BIG MISTAKE. The room was a dump, it was what I refer to as a "polished turd". A little paint and patch work here and there. The owner / manager would not honor their own policy of a 24 hr cancellation for my final night. Total lack of integrity. I got the run-around from customer service also. The desk clerk said to call customer service, customer service said see the desk clerk. I will never stay in a Super 8 or any other Wyndam Property again. The price for my business was a minimal $60!! Pretty sad in a poor economy. If you read this review and stay in the place, shame on you. Only positive note is that desk clerk and housekeeping were friendly, they just appeared to have no authority to follow policy. It had to be done by the manager/owner, who was conveniently MIA at all times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 10, 2012

wet floors from room next door odor in both rooms down or on first floor ! needs remodling . rooms need checking . the rooms on second floor cleaner and smell better they also look better!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Central Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean and pleasant. Bed and A/C was good. Someone's kids ran the 3rd floor hall until after 1 am. Calls to front desk returned a "so sorry, I'm by myself". After that, rest was good. Seems that clerk could have managed some means to corral guest's kids during bedtime hours.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Greenfrogtrike
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

A friend and I ended up staying here in a pinch. Booked it on Hotwire and found that the price was for 1 king bed. Even tho there was only about 8 rooms taken staff wasn't very helpful in getting us two beds. Room was clean but dumpy. Guess you can't complain for under $60. Breakfast was included and we also had a microwave and mini fridge in the room. Not much else to say about it really.

• Stayed July 2012
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I recently went to Canton, TX for meeting at the Civic Center. A friend told us that he was staying at the Super 8 motel. We were running late for the meeting, so we checked into the Super 8 motel and went to the meeting without checking out our room. When we finally got to our room, it was disgusting. It was very dirty. I'm okay with things being old or outdated, but this was nasty. ( I would have slept in my car before I would have slept in that bed!) We had already paid for two nights. So we asked for a refund for the second night and just took a loss on the first night. We ended up at the Best Western which wasn't fancy, but very clean. Our friend did stay at the Super 8, which really makes me question his judgement!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Motel 6 Canton
Motel 6 Canton
#3 of 6 in Canton
Best Western Canton Inn
Comfort Suites Near Cedar Creek Lake
Best Western Plus Emory at Lake Fork Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gun Barrel City
Best Western Mineola Inn

Been to Super 8 Canton? Share your experiences!